Notices

Please help! Bad vibration...

Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Hoyt is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Detective
Name: Mike
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Please help! Bad vibration...

I have a bad vibration coming from somewhere and I can not figure it out. I have had the tires balanced several times and the alignment done three times and still cant figure it out. It almost feels like it is coming from the drive shafts but I am not sure. It is driving me crazy. I recently put a whole new suspension on the truck (see build) so it can't be that because its bad ass. Please somebody give me some ideals.

Thanks...
Old 10-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Usually it starts around 50-60mph range. This vibration is not normal. I have been in other trucks that dont have this. The lift is only 3.5" with Toytec coilovers, Light Racing UCA's, Fat Bob's Diff Drop, Deaver racing springs with Toytec shackles and 5100's around. It is driving me crazy. Feels like the whole truck is going to vibrate loose.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Try flipping your carrier bearing
and/or getting a carrier bearing drop.

Check your play in the u-joints also.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
another thing to check is on the 4WD the double cardan joint in the middle by the carrier bearing has a grease zurk for a total of 6 on the driveshaft itself. this helped mine a lot
Old 10-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

www.streetacos.com
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
I'll eat all your food.

Page 4 on Products.

Brian makes the best one.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
I'll eat all your food.

Yeah thats it
Old 10-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #13
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
This one?

That's a massive piece compared to my two little pieces of aluminum.
Ordered one today from Brian, it will be here this week. For a very novice mechanic will it be hard to install. Looks like just two bolts?
Old 10-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Brians carrier bearing drop is the shit. Very well built and completely eliminated all my vibes. You should be happy with it!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
96taco4x4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Austen
96taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
running into the same situation and cant figure it out, removed the rear drive shaft to try eliminating that, put in four wheel around the block and still had the same vibe, annoying as shit, hope you find an answer! possible wheel bearing, or bent rim?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:26 AM   #18
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Installed Brian's carrier bearing drop although there still is a vibration even though it is reduced. Checked the support bearing it is tight. Looking for other suggestions. The vibration almost feels like the front tires are out of balance.

I also had the CV axles and tirods redone.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #19
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try the "easy" on this???

Rotate the tires and see if the "vibe" stays or transfers to your rear or even "seat"...

Have you tried lowering the front ,even with "NEW'" parts, angles will give that small "hum vibe"...just enough to drive you CRAZY .

In know you say the "Lift" is bad a$$ BUT did you have any "Vibes" before ???

With all of these balances & alignments, is anyone looking at re-torquing bolts or "Shiney" metal surfaces ????

Last "Idea", being a "Yota",everything on the lift was put in correctly??? driver side parts and passenger side parts were done correctly??? No shims or spacers went to an opposite side ????

Sorry you have to keep "re-living" this and hopefully you find "it"...

Good Luck...

Old Man back quiet ...
Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #20
Hoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Had the tires checked again today and found out they were way out of balance. They balanced the tires but I am still not satisfied with the ride quality. So my next move is to wait for my Relentless Armour to get back from the powdercoater and get installed then the 4 wheel drive shop said they would look at adjusting the suspension to see whether it helps. They are also going to look at the ball joints and drive shafts. Stay tuned...