1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IM TIRED OF HEARING THE SQUEAK!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 95TacoChick, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    95TacoChick

95TacoChick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    3" body lift with K&N Air filter...more to come
    I turn my wheels it squeaks, i get in the truck...it squeaks, i shut the door...it squeaks, i get in the bed...it squeaks..

I think you get the point.

Its a 95 tacoma on 33s. I have a 3" body lift and within the last few months i put on a 2.5-3" block leveling kit. What i think the problem is... is that the block isn't allowing my shock to compress, to get down to the lube for my shock. So im thinking its my shock thats doing the squeaking.

What do yall think ,and how can i fix it. It seems to be coming only from the passenger side, and we've lubricated all the bushings and nothings changed.

Thanks

2. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Find out where exactly the noise is comming from. Maybe hop up and down in the bed, while someone is under the truck locating the noise.

3. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    HaHa yeah did that... very tiring, but we sprayed everything we thought it was, took the wheel off thinking it was in there or where we were seeing something, can't seem to find it unless its the shock?

We sprayed up into the shock and it quited it down a notch for about 2 seconds, and then the next day it was worse, so we're still not sure. Just trying to get a second opinion or see if anyone else is having the same problem and got it fixed??

IM TIRED OF MY TACO SOUNDING LIKE A RAGGODY OLE FORD!!! :'(

4. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Check the Control arm bushings. Use some brake fluid to lube them. DO NOT get it on paint, and be VERY carefull where you apply it.

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    Well then im not using brake fluid then because i have pink painted shocks, and i would like them to stay pink! Thanks for the tip though...need another one lol

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    My rear leafs squeaked like a mofo. Checked that?

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Yes

8. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    hayabusa3303

hayabusa3303 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    ARB bumper, warn 9.5 winch. carbon fiber hood. Leer top with thule racks and MOAB from thule. Electric fans, blue sea fuse block, Sony dvd Head unit, Xm tuner and HD tuner. New carpet and new racing seats. ( other half doesnt like them i think). Nwor springs and adjustable coil overs. Sky jacker rear shocks. Slot and drilled rotors. Engine Titanium ceramic coated headers, no cat, jba cat back. URD Rear Sensor Simulator. Leds all around and inside cab and HID H4 hi/lo beams.
    Get some wd 40 shoot it down into the springs toward the axle. move the truck up and down so the wd-40 can get into the springs and it will about go away.

This is what i did on mine. ( It could also be the bushings on the springs too) try to shoot some wd-40 on them also.

If the fronts squeaks the bushings in the upper arm are bad.

9. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    I don't know why that guy replied ^^^ LOL but yes i did, its not them. It was to begin with, but now its definitely from the front passenger side. ITS LOUD AND VERY ANNOYING!

10. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:

I was told not to use WD-40 on other threads on TW....told to use lithium grease. Also, on the UCA's... if i spray the bushings, shouldn't the squeak go away for a short period of time?

11. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    Do not use WD-40.

12. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    LOL Thank you... see im not stupid!

13. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    hayabusa3303

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    ARB bumper, warn 9.5 winch. carbon fiber hood. Leer top with thule racks and MOAB from thule. Electric fans, blue sea fuse block, Sony dvd Head unit, Xm tuner and HD tuner. New carpet and new racing seats. ( other half doesnt like them i think). Nwor springs and adjustable coil overs. Sky jacker rear shocks. Slot and drilled rotors. Engine Titanium ceramic coated headers, no cat, jba cat back. URD Rear Sensor Simulator. Leds all around and inside cab and HID H4 hi/lo beams.
    Uca bushings you will have to replace.

I never had a problem with wd-40 on the springs till i removed them last month and they where the ones that came from the factory.

On my new springs i have to use lithium grease but they have ports to push grease into them.

14. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    What im saying is that if theyre bad and i spray them with a lubricant, should the squeak go away for a short period of time.... or will it still make a squeak no matter what?

15. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    hayabusa3303

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    It might you never know. Toyota was not very smart should have put more grease fittings on the bushings.

Mine did the exact same thing as yours we have the same year. Squeak up front i found it to be my coil overs where wore out.

16. Oct 30, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    Seriously... dont say that! I didn't replace them when i replaced the shocks.... UGH! I didn't have the money for them, now its going to be hard work for the hubby to do it all over again! :/

17. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    hayabusa3303

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    I blame mine for me living in chicago ( where i bought the truck).. all the road salt.

I thought i did good about keeping the road salt off it for 3 years but i guess i was wrong. After i replaced my coil-overs with new ones and replaced my back springs i dont hear a thing. One bad thing i will report you might have the same problem ( dont know what part of the country you are in but) just from me living up there for a short time my bolts for my springs and lower coilovers where welded to the bushings. That said might be where the squeaks where coming from also the bushings twisting.

Anything that moves wears out over time.

18. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    95TacoChick

Member:
    I can understand that. I'm in West Central Florida. So no road salt here :)

19. Oct 30, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    hayabusa3303

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    You could do this to pin point the problem.

Raise the truck on stands securely. Use a jack to raise the suspension and lower it fast that way you could pin point where the squeaks are coming from. You might hear it squeak on the way up also.

20. Oct 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    trailinTaco

trailinTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bel Air, MD
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4x4
    3 inch suspension lift, 33 inch bfgoodrich mud terrain tires, toytech diff drop, Procomp alloy wheels, hella fog lights, black projector headlights with 8000k HID's, blacked out tail lights, two 12 inch subs, 20% tint, pioneer head unit and speakers
    Wait for your seats to squeak and then talk about whats anoying lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top