Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help with 98' Yota

Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
keondgo is on a distinguished road
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
Help with 98' Yota

I just bought this 98, any ideas if this has any lift or why the ass end is sticking up so high?http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...o/DSCN2040.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...o/DSCN2042.jpg
Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Go look under truck
Old 10-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
The second pic shows the underside. Looks stock to me I guess I just need to figure out what the next step is. Looks like I will just replace suspension all the way around.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are the shackles stock? Looks like the springs have been re-arched to me.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, I don't know another pic.
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...o/DSCN2050.jpg
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
I'll eat all your food.

Stock shackles.

1. Either you have major spring sag up front(looks like it) and re-arched rear springs
2. Or those are air shocks in the rear but I didnt see any air npts
Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to me like they flipped the Overload Leaf to get a lift?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
idk man but welcome to taco world
Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
truck 4500, parts cart at various outfitters is going up faster than the stock market is down, so much for just hauling trash in it , wifee not so happy but You gotta love a toyota ,regret selling my first 98 in 01

so the overload spring is on bottom but usually flipped the other way?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
I'll eat all your food.

Still.not a bad deal for a 98 taco 4x4
And jacob good eye..i didnt catch that..your right on that thougg
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Yea just flip it back over, i have mine turned like yours is now but mine doesnt seem to have that much rake but i havent had any problems with mine either...Id work on taking care of some of that rust ya got under there! Nice truck though and welcome to the money pit of a site called TacomaWorld.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
Just talked to the previous owner , he did flip that leaf over to pull a welder. Well guess I'll undo that first and go ahead and change shocks while i'm at it
Old 11-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #13
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

might as well since the shocks need to come off anyhow to flip it back!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
well, i think i know what to do with the rear , now what do i have on the front in this pic. Is this a spacer?
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...25446050_0.jpg
Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
ordered some duratracs today. 191 ea.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Looks to me like they flipped the Overload Leaf to get a lift?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have a winner !!!! Yep that monster overload has been flipped, it must ride like shit...........those OL's are just too thick to "give" any kind of decent ride, but will give you a def. lift in the rear.. the upside of it though is yhat fucker will NEVER sag....
Old 11-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
how about the front?

What do you think about the front situation?

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...25446050_0.jpg
Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #18
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say for sure about the front need better view but with that overload flipped that alone results in about a 3" lift for the rear (maybe even a little more) so its going to be hard to evaluate, but if it drives straight & doesn't feel like a pile of mush driving thru a corner then you might be alright for the time being, there again if you have the $$$$ I'd opt for new susp. ( shocks/struts & coils for the front )
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #19

yea thats a spacer you got up front.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #20
keondgo's Tacoma Gallery
thought maybe i would go with flipping the overload back over then going 5100's all the way around and removing the spacer. my duratracs 31x10.50 15's will be here tomorrow.