Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fender change on a 98, help! CAI to Snorkel

Old 10-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Fender change on a 98, help! CAI to Snorkel

An old guy at work has a 99 Taco that he bought with a Safari snorkel on it, I told him I wanted it and he said if I did all the work i could have it at no charge. It works out great because his 1999 is the same color as my 1998 so I can just take off the Snorkel, swap fenders and be on my way. How hard would this be and is it worth it? I have a CAI right now so I guess I'd be giving that to him, is this a good trade? Will I notice any loss of performance going from CAI to the snorkel? I'll also have to swap the flares as they are different. What troubles might I run into? Anything I'm not thinking through?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Easy peasy
Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Easy as in an hour from start to finish with nothing but a socket set or...?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
Few hours of work and its good but the difference between the CAI to snorkel wont really make a huge difference. maybe 1 hp?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah maybe a lil more if you dont know what your doing
Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
So no reason to keep the CAI over the snorkel?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
I'll eat all your food.

Do you drive through high water levels alot? If so, i'd get a closed element box at least, if not a snorkel. Hydrolock isnt cool, ask Jberry.
open element filter is for the street and occasional fire road runner.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
Well, took my truck all apart... totally mangled the antenna mount cuz the slotted "nut" broke off, looks like i'll be buying a new antenna. Better to ruin my own truck than someone elses though. At least I know what i'll be getting into now in the morning. WD40 will be one of my best friends apparently.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
glad to see that truck hasn't died on you yet.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
glad to see that truck hasn't died on you yet.
I won't let it die Still got a long ways to go but I'm making it my own
Old 11-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
I won't let it die Still got a long ways to go but I'm making it my own
cool, glad you're making the most out of that situation.