Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog lights on 96-00' tacoma

Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
southerman21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dylan
southerman21's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Fog lights on 96-00' tacoma

I have a 2000 tacoma and wanting to put some fog lights on it. I noticed that the 01-04 models are pretty easy to mount new fog lights in the stock fog light spot. And i was wondering if anybody has put fog lights on a 96-00'.

Post up some pictures or info!!

Thanks much
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
gonna have to do a retro of the newer bumper and what not, or put in your own setup. inline fuse with custom wiring/switch and done deal.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
gonna have to do a retro of the newer bumper and what not, or put in your own setup. inline fuse with custom wiring/switch and done deal.
what i'm thinking is... where the orange reflector thing on the bumper is... cut that out (like a 5" X 7" rectangle) and install a nice 5" X 7" fog light.

Idk if someone else has found a better idea or not but any pictures of some custom fog light installations would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerman21 View Post
what i'm thinking is... where the orange reflector thing on the bumper is... cut that out (like a 5" X 7" rectangle) and install a nice 5" X 7" fog light.

Idk if someone else has found a better idea or not but any pictures of some custom fog light installations would be greatly appreciated!!
with enough work that is possible. Just move your turn signals to the corner lights and make the turn signals in the valance to fog lights.

I would do this if I wasn't going to an O/R bumper
Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
with enough work that is possible. Just move your turn signals to the corner lights and make the turn signals in the valance to fog lights.

I would do this if I wasn't going to an O/R bumper
http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/...oglightmod.jpg

#1 or #2? which looks better
Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
#1 FO SHO
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Quote:
#1 FO SHO
yea thats what im thinkin too. What is the best fog light you've ever heard of like, brightness. I found some walmart cheapies' but, i want something that will look good with my future coming halo headlights with black background.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #8

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
hmm...budget? Get some KC's or PIAA's if you have the dough
Old 10-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #10
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine behind the grill. (White Taco on the left. Green on the right has Hella's)

Old 10-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #11

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
your not going to get great lights for $50, but I have had a pair of $30 wally-world headlights last 2 years till they took a shit.

Maybe someone will chime in soon who knows more about lights
Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
I put mine behind the grill. (White Taco on the left. Green on the right has Hella's)

ya i like the way that looks but, im not real familiar with that year and im not sure if it had a orange reflector type thing in the bumper like the 2000 does. oh i just now found the light behind the grill and idk if that would show really good because i have a warn winch mount/bumper
Old 10-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
Quote:
your not going to get great lights for $50, but I have had a pair of $30 wally-world headlights last 2 years till they took a shit.

Maybe someone will chime in soon who knows more about lights
what about Kc 57 Hilites a kit for 130 bucks or so..?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #14

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
anything KC will fit your needs and more
Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
I was thinking about putting some there. I actually saw another 97 taco with lights in the exact same place. Looks good when they are all lit up.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #17
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
are those Kc's?

Procomps i think, they're long gone
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
dang. i think imma try to get some rectangular lights to mount in that spot on my truck since i have all that space now
Do it!

So do you have front running lights with the signals or do you just have signals?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #19
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
maybe something like this? lights are kc 26 series all season lights i got them for less than $100 shipped

Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #20
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTacoma View Post
maybe something like this? lights are kc 26 series all season lights i got them for less than $100 shipped

well thats legit.