Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What is this? And is it factory?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
LowLyfe is on a distinguished road
LowLyfe's Tacoma Gallery
What is this? And is it factory?

Hey guys, Im a new guy around here. I just recently bought a 2001 Double cab 4x4 Limited TRD. The guy i bought it from says this button goes with the factory alarm. He bought the truck used from a dealer...so i dont know if thats what they told him or what. Does anyone know if this is from the factory..and if so what it is?

Its actually 2 buttons, is the "plug" on the far right..

Thanks for your help..
Dee
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I dont think it's stock. Maybe an aftermarket alarm system?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLyfe View Post
Hey guys, Im a new guy around here. I just recently bought a 2001 Double cab 4x4 Limited TRD. The guy i bought it from says this button goes with the factory alarm. He bought the truck used from a dealer...so i dont know if thats what they told him or what. Does anyone know if this is from the factory..and if so what it is?

Its actually 2 buttons, is the "plug" on the far right..

Thanks for your help..
Dee
I have an 01 DC Pre and it doesn't have that, it just has the covers that cover the holes. Have you tried running your VIN to see what options came with the truck when new?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
The switch/device on the far right does not appear to be stock.

There looks to be a brand name on the left side of it though - can you read it in person? I can't read it well enough in the pic.

Fink
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
VIN Decoder Link: http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/autom...N%20Toyota.pdf
Edit: You also can run it through Toyotaowners.com