Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Undercoat winterization

Old 11-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
"I Brake for Tailgaters"
prerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
prerunnerSD's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Undercoat winterization

Just submitted this question to toyota america corporate

"Bought my 01 Tacoma VIN 5TEHN72N31Z836179 this past July in San Diego. I now relocated to Massachusetts and regarding the frame and undercoat I understand Toyota used to offer the undercoats free of charge as a prevention to known corrosion issues. I am wondering if this service is still offered where could the undercoat be done and does that void the extended 15 year warranty that toyota usa offered on the frames for these models. What options do I have? I would prefer it if a dealer had it done it fact but not sure what my options are. Please email or call me. Regards"

lets see what they say! I'll keep you all informed.

btw does scotch guard offer any protection in the meantime?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
List of options here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ndercoats.html

I use Krown personally, but I think they are Canadian only
Old 11-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I have the "diamond Kote" undercoating on mine
Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
"I Brake for Tailgaters"
prerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
prerunnerSD's Tacoma Gallery
Lady from Toyota America corporate called and said unless i modify the frame significantly like drilling holes and such adding an undercoat wont effect the frame warranty but at this point in time they are not offering the undercoats from Toyota for my year, VIN and model.. in fact i couldn't even pay for it if i wanted it because of government regulations that they have to abide by.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
LoneWanderer will become famous soon enough

Name: Randy
LoneWanderer's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine done last week in ohio on my '03. They said the frame was in great shape with no rust. They did the outside and inside of the frame, the brake lines, the gas tank, some of the suspension, pretty much everything under there. It looks great.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWanderer View Post
I just had mine done last week in ohio on my '03. They said the frame was in great shape with no rust. They did the outside and inside of the frame, the brake lines, the gas tank, some of the suspension, pretty much everything under there. It looks great.
Is the spray wet/sticky???

I'll be bringing my '01 in to get inspected and undercoated in the next two weeks. I need to run a bunch of wires under the truck for aux lighting and want to know if I should do this before the coating or is it ok to do it after? I dont want to deal w/ a bunch of goopy/messy spray if I dont have to..
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
LoneWanderer will become famous soon enough

Name: Randy
LoneWanderer's Tacoma Gallery
It was sticky when I picked it up. I think they said it needed like 2 days to cure. Its dry now. Still kind of smells when its been running but I cant smell it in the cab or anything.