Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

04 Taco v6 upgrades

Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
04 Taco v6 upgrades

After looking at tons of threads. Im contemplating a cat back exhaust... Can I install the urd device, gut my converters, and put the magnaflow flow through muffler with no problems?? Also what is the difference between the metal bodied kn air intake and the plastic one?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
MMyota is on a distinguished road

Army: 1-15 INF 3ID
Name: Brandon
MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
All that stuff is a waste of money IMO go with a supercharger if you want added performance. I have CAI,trd headers, trd cat back and it feels no differant power wise than my 97 4runner with only a CAI. Ive read plastic is better but i cant remember the reason also id consider Airaid i have both K&N and Airaid on my trucks the airaid is better quality. but replace the oil filter with a amsoil dryflow filter.
This is my 4runner with a k&n pipe and amsoil filter

My tacoma with airaid gonna be changing that filter to amsoil as well
Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

I appreciate the feed back. The dry fiter will help out with dusty conditions a little better as well. Thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #5

Totally understandable.. I have 171k one the ol beast. So im trying to prolong her life span. have recent gathered up suspension parts as well... Toy teck coilover. LR uca. Energy poly bushings... Still contemplating my rear end. Prolly just going OME leafs and shackles from wheeler. Seems to be the cheapest. i am learning tho.. converted Power Stroke junky