Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hey and help with seat adjustment

Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
CountryGirl96 is on a distinguished road

CountryGirl96's Tacoma Gallery
Question Hey and help with seat adjustment

Hey Ya'll
I'm new to this forum. I'm totally new to trucks and I have no clue what the names are for the parts so please bear with me.

The reason I signed up for this forum is that the rear pedal you push to move the seat forward from the bench seat isn't working. When you press it the seat folds but fails to move forward like it used to. I the cover on the side of the seat off. I have no clue how it is supposed to look when it works, nothing that I can see looks broken. Does anyone have links to websites or pictures of how it should look? I already looked in the repair manual and couldn't find anything for the pedal.

Also is it possible to switch a RWD to a 4X4. If so how much would the parts cost aprox. and would I be able to figure it out on my own or would that be a dumb thing to try.

Last thing, there are a couple dents on the fender and the plastic part on the bottom of the fender (I'm not sure if its considered part of the fender :S), could i just tap the out from the inside without causing much damage ????

Thanks for your patients and replies.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
cable from the foot pedal is broken i assume. mine is the same way
Old 11-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl96 View Post
Hey Ya'll
I'm new to this forum. I'm totally new to trucks and I have no clue what the names are for the parts so please bear with me.

The reason I signed up for this forum is that the rear pedal you push to move the seat forward from the bench seat isn't working. When you press it the seat folds but fails to move forward like it used to. I the cover on the side of the seat off. I have no clue how it is supposed to look when it works, nothing that I can see looks broken. Does anyone have links to websites or pictures of how it should look? I already looked in the repair manual and couldn't find anything for the pedal.

Also is it possible to switch a RWD to a 4X4. If so how much would the parts cost aprox. and would I be able to figure it out on my own or would that be a dumb thing to try.

Last thing, there are a couple dents on the fender and the plastic part on the bottom of the fender (I'm not sure if its considered part of the fender :S), could i just tap the out from the inside without causing much damage ????

Not sure what you mean by the pedal. A pic might help.

And you saying your not 4X4 but you want to be. It would prob be cheaper and ALOT easier to just buy a 4X4. Its alot of work.

And lastly, I think your talking about the fender flair. You can try on the metal part to tap it out, but that take some skill. You can try the air in a can and heat gun trick. Search for that, alot of people do that. ..But the plastic.. also a pic of this would help to see what it looks like for a fix.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Ya'll

i am going to assume your truck is a 96? i had an 84 back 10 years agom and had the same seat issue, that pedial is linked to the grab bar in the front of the seat, there is a link, well mine had a cable, are you in MD?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTacoma View Post
cable from the foot pedal is broken i assume. mine is the same way
Yeah probably do you know how i can fix it?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah probably do you know how i can fix it?
It's under the seat, so chances are you will have to take out the seat to access it. If you're up for it take it out and you will be able to see what's broken.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
It's under the seat, so chances are you will have to take out the seat to access it. If you're up for it take it out and you will be able to see what's broken.
yeah take seat out
Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 AM   #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Yeah the cable is broken