View Poll Results: plasti dip or pain fender flares
plasti dip 0 0%
paint black 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
06toyoboy is on a distinguished road
06toyoboy's Tacoma Gallery
plasti dip or paint fender flares

hey guys the fender flares on my truck are fadded really bad and i already saw the video of heating them up and other quick solutions but i was wondering if it would b better to plasti dip or just straight out paint them. let me know what you guys think thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Reklaw31 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Ron
Reklaw31's Tacoma Gallery
I am having this same issue, what did you end up doing? I'll be plasti dipping mine soon
Old 06-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Paint them.

I plasti-dipped my grill. I think it looks good, but it looks like it will be an annual event to repaint. The plasti-dip when it gets dinged, scratched, etc wants to peel off like a blister. Then you can't repaint without pulling all of the plastic off without having a blister mark.

Screw plasti-dip. I'll never do that $hit again.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
FishTaco808 is on a distinguished road
FishTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Im about to bed liner my flares, to me I think it looks the best. Supremetaco did his flares and they look good
Old 06-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I've been trying to figure out what paint would work best, I like the way plasti dip looks at first but it removes far too easily, but I don't know of any paint that will stay.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I've been trying to figure out what paint would work best, I like the way plasti dip looks at first but it removes far too easily, but I don't know of any paint that will stay.
Your 01-04 flares are plastic.

Just scuff them up lightly with fine grit sandpaper.

Use a good primer and some spray paint meant for plastic. You'll be golden.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Your 01-04 flares are plastic.

Just scuff them up lightly with fine grit sandpaper.

Use a good primer and some spray paint meant for plastic. You'll be golden.

I tried it on the inside of them, scrapes off very easily.