Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2000 Tacoma paint recall?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
shaniac is on a distinguished road

shaniac's Tacoma Gallery
2000 Tacoma paint recall?

Does anybody know if Toyota has a recall on the paint for 2000 Tacomas?
Recently I noticed that there was spot fading on the roof of my Tacoma, right above the windshield on the driver side. Well a month later and the spot has spread and is white in color. I am sure this is the clear coat going bad, I was wondering if there was a paint recall before I have to dish out the cash to get it fixed...

The paint job looks great for an 11 year old truck except for a few scratches and dings from off road use but I am concerned about the growing white spot on my roof...

See images below:

Here is the ever growing spot on the roof:
Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
shaniac is on a distinguished road

shaniac's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember Ford had a paint recall a few years ago...don't know if Ford rectified the situation but was wondering if Toyota had one.

You may be right though.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
i never heard of a paint recall and doubt there is one. The paint on my 97 was trashed till I got it repainted.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Assistant to the Regional Manager
JManders is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
JManders's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the same problems going on with mine. I've got two spots near the front of the roof; you can clearly see them from the front of the truck.

I also have two 'stripes' of the paint stripping down running down the length of my hood. It looks like I had a failed attempt to put racing stripes on my truck. I've seen this with other '00 Tacomas so I'm sure it's a problem from the manufacturer. Wish they would put out a paint recall, but it's something I'm sure they won't cover.

To the OP, just wait until it gets through the clear coat and paint and you have these dark grey blotches surrounded by white outlines... It looks terrible!