Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
homelandtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
homelandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Help!!!

I have a 02 pre runner double cab 3.4 v6 with 146,000 mi on it. Was messing around in front of my buddies house yesterday and reved it up an after I reved it up it just died then wouldn't start back up. After a few trys I got
It started and it seemed to run fine then when I went to take
Off and put it in gear it spudderd a little and almost died. The cel isn't on and I don't know where to start Im pretty sure it's a sensor but not sure which one.. Any help or suggestions would be
Much appreciated.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
See if the issue clears up. With no CEL, its hard to make an accurate guess.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Right around 5,000 but I have reved it up like that before and it has never done anything like that, and just pulling out Of my driveway today It died when I just gave it a little gas to pull out.. Idk it's driving me nuts thinking about it and not being able to figure it out
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
I'll try that plugs are cheap compared to all the sensors I couldn't believe how much all the sensors are.. What kind of plugs did u use? I heard iridium plugs don't work good in toyota's?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
id check the mass air flow sensor and check to make sure you dont have a sticky idle air control
Old 11-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
I did clean the MAF I heard about the idle control sensor doing that. Do u just use throttle body cleaner to clean that?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
first the easiest way to check it is keep your foot down on the gas and see if it dies, if you let go and it does it very well may be your IAC, id honestly get a tooth brush and rags and clean it with MAF cleaner or brake cleaner, but be wary of brake cleaner and plastic or sensors
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
Cool thanks man I will get that tomorrow and try that I'll keep you posted on the results.