LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wheres all the slammed trucks at?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Watanabz44 is on a distinguished road

Watanabz44's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Wheres all the slammed trucks at?

So looking at choke pics in the gallery i noticed everything is lifted, i was looking to see how some dropped trucks look. How about posting what you got?? i love to be different and have something no one else does.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Look in street trucks or xrunners section
Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I never understood the point of lowering a vehicle that was designed to have high ground clearance and off-road capability. I laugh at people that drive around town with their lowered 4wd trucks. Any lowered truck is just a disgrace, IMO. But hey, it is your truck and you can do what you like with it.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Any lowered truck is just a disgrace, IMO. But hey, it is your truck and you can do what you like with it.
so a normal 5 lugger or s/x runner that already sits somewhat low should never be lowered? chyeah
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I never understood the point of lowering a vehicle that was designed to have high ground clearance and off-road capability. I laugh at people that drive around town with their lowered 4wd trucks. Any lowered truck is just a disgrace, IMO. But hey, it is your truck and you can do what you like with it.
lowered 4x4=retarded

lowered 2wd is okay though.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just stating my opinion about lowered trucks. I come from a place where trucks are used for their offroad and weight hauling capabilities, not to drag bumpers and differentials on speed bumps and potholes, so I may be a bit biased.

But as said above, the x-runner section would have more pictures for you to browse through to get an idea.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #7
Watanabz44 is on a distinguished road

Watanabz44's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i live in hawaii. i have a 2wd. there really isnt any use for a lift since theres really only road to drive it on and everyone down here is lifted sky high. i just wanna see the best set up for a clean drop thats all, a drop seems to be alot cheaper than a lift. plus lifting a 2wd is just as worthless as dropping a 4x4 IMO.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
How is lifting a 2wd prerunner that sits on a 4x4 chassis, has an e locker or mechanical locker, off road tires, skid plates worthless? Why do you think its on a 4x4 chassis with 4x4 suspension?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #9
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanabz44 View Post
So looking at choke pics in the gallery i noticed everything is lifted, i was looking to see how some dropped trucks look. How about posting what you got?? i love to be different and have something no one else does.
Try the "search function" or atleast glance at the multiple threads on "slammed" trucks at the bottom of this page. There uncommon on these forums but there are a few around.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #10
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone is free to do as they wish. even if we think its silly.

I personally love the stance of the xRunner. low enough to be fast. but not scrapping. If they made a doublecab XRunner I'd become a felon to own (afford) one.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #11
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
lowered 4x4=retarded

lowered 2wd is okay though.
Xr's are lowered 2WD, I love my baby
Old 11-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #12

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I'd own an xrunner. Then i'd have an xrunner, prerunner and 4runner. Lol.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #13
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I'd own an xrunner. Then i'd have an xrunner, prerunner and 4runner. Lol.
lol! thats my dream
Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #16

Saw an '05 in the showroom back in 2005 when I was 17, wanted one ever since, took till 2010 but now I have my '07 Xr
Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #18
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I see a lowered car or truck driving around VT I just laugh. There's so many potholes/frost heaves/cracks in and on the road that you have to hit things a lot. I think they are pretty stupid to have there.

Having said that, OP since you are form Hawaii you may as well make a street truck instead of a mall crawler.
Like everybody said, check the street trucks section b.c this section seems like it's 99% lifted or stock stuff.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #19
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my baby

Here's the "old" truck lol

Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #20
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
I personally wouldn't lower a prerunner double cab. I agree it would be different. With that said I've had a lot of lowered hondas and acura and hated driving slow over speed bumps.