Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pretty sure someone stole some gas from me.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
XwesleysnipesX is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
XwesleysnipesX's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure someone stole some gas from me.

So wednesday night I had a half a tank of gas left. Thursday morning I get in my truck and I had between a half and quarter tank left. ANd also my check engine light came on later that day for a po446. So just to be cautious i want to order a locking fuel cap. Does anyone have one that they recommend? Perferably one that will not throe a code.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XwesleysnipesX View Post
So wednesday night I had a half a tank of gas left. Thursday morning I get in my truck and I had between a half and quarter tank left. ANd also my check engine light came on later that day for a po446. So just to be cautious i want to order a locking fuel cap. Does anyone have one that they recommend? Perferably one that will not throe a code.
Don't you have a lock on your gas door?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #3

Negative.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i would just go to auto zone and get a locking one from there.

but thats not really that much gas, if someone was going to steal gas it would be more than a gallon or 2. sometimes your fuel gage doesnt register (as exact) untill the truck is turned off and back on again
Old 11-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i would just go to auto zone and get a locking one from there.

but thats not really that much gas, if someone was going to steal gas it would be more than a gallon or 2. sometimes your fuel gage doesnt register (as exact) untill the truck is turned off and back on again
My first thoughts also.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #6

I thought that. But im only at 236 miles right now. Normally i would be at close to three hundred at a 1/4 tank.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Even if your gas wasn't stolen, I would still recommend getting a locking gas cap. It would prevent it in the future. (saving a few gallons of stolen gas would pay for it)
Old 11-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XwesleysnipesX View Post
I thought that. But im only at 236 miles right now. Normally i would be at close to three hundred at a 1/4 tank.
Damn, what's your average MPG?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #10

Everytank im right at 23-25mpg. I drive like a grandpa though.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I thought that the Tacoma's had an anti-theft screen in the fuel hose to stop people from siphoning your gas? A locking tank cap is a good idea I got one after my ex-gf sugered my gas tank. A crazy bitch, she was.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
dam that is some good mpg dude.

maybe you were a little heavier on the foot??