Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HID Headlight kit.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
HID Headlight kit.

If you have HID's pleas share with me what it is that you have. I'm planning on doing mine soon and I've looked at the ddm tuning lights but I'd like to have that clean cut off at the top. Anyone that had done a retro, does you light scatter all over the place or do you have that cut off at the top? Can I do a retro and it still have the cutoff or do I need to buy a new Lens/Headlight assembly? Thanks for your help in advanced!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
linky.
http://customlightz.com/?p=p_267&sName=tacoma

this is my rig and the lights are glorious
I just saw and started reading up on the links you put on the other guy's thread. I drove a friend of mine's Scion TC a while back, he wasn't in the state to be driving, and now I'm jelly of his and want my own.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Will The Thrill

The "How often do..." thread btw.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
theretrofitsource.com

mini d2s kit
Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantaco View Post
theretrofitsource.com

mini d2s kit
Is there a lot of work involved in getting those in the stock housing?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
in a nutshell, bake to separate, aim (FX-r) and install projectors, bake, seal, install on truck and aim
Do 1st Gens headlights come apart the same as 2nd Gens? For some reason I thought they had to be cut apart rather than just baked.

Nvm, they do come apart by baking, they're just a PITA to put back together because of the big hole you have to cut in the back for the projector.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=392421
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Do 1st Gens headlights come apart the same as 2nd Gens? For some reason I thought they had to be cut apart rather than just baked.

Nvm, they do come apart by baking, they're just a PITA to put back together because of the big hole you have to cut in the back for the projector.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392421
1st Gen headlights were changed every few years.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
Will The Thrill

Thanks for the interest and answers but I think I'm going to put these on. They claim that all you have to do is pull the lights apart and remove the refactor(the peice that covers the bulb as stock, I think it's called that) and put it in, reassemble. I think that I will paint the chrome parts black because eventually I want to go to a Silver/Black 2 tone paint. Black fender flares, black on the rocker panels no higher than the little indentation on the side of the doors, black bumpers, and toolbox.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...xp=mtr&afsrc=1
Thread that got me into it.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...kit-160-a.html