Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube

Old 11-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube

These fit the bed ridges and come with nut plates for under the bed to prevent pull through commonly found with aftermarket carriers and off roading.

They're available in a T handle style or Y style ratchet strap. Shipping not included in listed price and calculated by zipcode. Compare these prices to other aftermarket carriers and I think you'll find you're getting a nicer product for the same or less $.
Attached Thumbnails
1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-img_0123.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-img_0126.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-img_0131.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-img_0133.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-9-20-2011-007.jpg  

1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-tcyss.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, not sure how useful it is though, doesn't seem like it would be easy to haul lumber or other bulk items once the carrier is bolted to the deck of the box.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by magog45 View Post
Looks good, not sure how useful it is though, doesn't seem like it would be easy to haul lumber or other bulk items once the carrier is bolted to the deck of the box.
It's very useful for him, it carries his oversized spare. Some guys carry lumber and bulk items, some guys carry their spare tire and 2 mountain bikes. In Southern California there are millions of guys who'd rather have the off road look of a Baja style pre runner truck (which is where Toyota got the name) rather than the look of a truck carrying a bunch of stuff in the bed.

I know this style isn't for everyone, but I like it and I know there are others who are shooting for the same setup and rarely carry anything. Hell, I drive a slammed mini truck and carry more steel and junk every day than most people do in a month. Just think of it as a nice solid area to tie your bulk items to, it'll keep them from shifting around in the bed.

It'd be real easy to have the nut plates under the bed tack welded on or just duct tape them and simply undo the 4 bolts up top and remove it by yourself in under a minute.
Attached Thumbnails
1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-tire-kit-005.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-10-11-2011-004.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-10-31-010.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-captured201111900008.jpg   1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-sj00008.jpg  

Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
BigTaco508 is on a distinguished road
BigTaco508's Tacoma Gallery
This looks great- I am interested in the "Y" strap style- Would a 37" tire fit the carrier\bed? Also do you have any ideas to prevent someone from stealing the spare once mounted? I would have a pretty expensive wheel\tire combo mounted and I'd be nervous about people seeing it secured with just straps...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
BigTaco508 is on a distinguished road
BigTaco508's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
PM sent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTaco508 View Post
PM sent
PM's returned.
Attached Thumbnails
1st gen bed mounted Tire Carriers / Tube-tcyss.jpg