Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A Few 1st Gen Questions....

Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
A Few 1st Gen Questions....

The first gen Taco is my number two choice right now (You guys would laugh me out of Tacomaworld if I told you what my first choice was).

1. I live in a town that had a few catalytic converter thefts in the last week. Is there anything we can put on the bottom of the truck so the riff raff dont try to steal it?

2. How much are one of those bed covers? Like a lid over the bed. I tried to search but kept coming up with camper shells.

3. Does a 4th gen 4runner radio fit in it? I ask cuz I would like to have mp3 capability in something thats not aftermarket.

4. If the 4runner radio doesnt fit, does the Scion radio fit? I read about guys installing them in their 3rd and 4th gen 4runners. If so, is it just plug and play?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikelakers View Post
The first gen Taco is my number two choice right now (You guys would laugh me out of Tacomaworld if I told you what my first choice was).

1. I live in a town that had a few catalytic converter thefts in the last week. Is there anything we can put on the bottom of the truck so the riff raff dont try to steal it?

2. How much are one of those bed covers? Like a lid over the bed. I tried to search but kept coming up with camper shells.

3. Does a 4th gen 4runner radio fit in it? I ask cuz I would like to have mp3 capability in something thats not aftermarket.

4. If the 4runner radio doesnt fit, does the Scion radio fit? I read about guys installing them in their 3rd and 4th gen 4runners. If so, is it just plug and play?
1. Belly pan skid plate or tack weld on the flanges so it can't just be unbolted and stolen. (but someone could just cut it out if they had the drive to do so)

2. A tonneau cover? $200-$700 depending on quality/materials (cheaper would be a vinyl soft cover, and more expensive would be a fiberglass hard cover...depending on what you needed)

3. dont know, but doubt it

4. dont know, but doubt it

(but anything is possible w/ the correct amount of knowhow, tools, and elbow grease)

btw....1st gen taco should be #1 on your list, especially if your #1 is a Ford/Nissan/Jeep/GM (ranked from crappy to crappiest )
Old 11-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
btw....1st gen taco should be #1 on your list, especially if your #1 is a Ford/Nissan/Jeep/GM (ranked from crappy to crappiest )
Haha hell no. I would never own one of those. My number one choice right now is a Honda and it ain't the Ridgeline lol.

Another thing, can any old muffler shop install a skidplate for me?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Well a honda isn't nearly as bad as any of the others I listed

Any garage could install a skidplate for you idk about a muffler shop.

But it only requires basic hand tools. Easy even for someone who doesn't have alot of garage experience.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikelakers View Post
Search the audio forum.

I'm pretty sure it is.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Thanks guys. This forum is the best. You guys are always quick to respond to whatever questions/concerns I have. I think I may just come back home to a 1st gen. I used to own a 2001 regular cab prerunner before. It needed a new fuel injector but other than that, I had no problems with it whatsover.