Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift Questions

Old 11-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Questions

I am about to run 33's, I'm going to buy some eibach 3" lift coils and bilstein 5100's. It says that with the bilsteins set at factory it will actually add 1 inch of lift for leveling? Is this correct? will i get 4 in the front or just 3?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
3. set the billies with the c clip on the bottom rung (that sets it at 0 so it doesnt preload the springs) and thattle give you 3
what are you doing on the back end?
well now that i figured that out, I'll run 3 inches on the back too. I'm thinking for the back i'll get AAL's. I'll have to run the front at 4ish to level out i guess, but I wonder if my cv axles will run ok?
Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
if i were you, i would get the toytec aal. that way, you can have 3 inch up front, 2-2.5 out back, which is very common on this site and it provides perfect level. that will clear 33s beautifully, any higher may look bad.
you may want to consider a diff drop, 3 inch is pretty much the highest you can go without a drop so youre pushing the limit. toytec sells a diff drop kit for like 20$ i think.
edit: if your leaves are sagging (they should be curved like a smile) then get a whole new leaf pack. it will be pretty expensive compared to an aal, but an aal wont work with a saggy pack and your ride should be shitty and you wont be able to handle loads in the back (twss) if the leaves are sagging (you should experience that now if they sag)
Ok! Good advice! I'm going to do like you say and probably just go ahead and get my front diff drop just for piece of mind. Most likely ordering everything from Toytec so hopefully it will all go good.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
stock should be stock.

u should get 3"

im looking at DSM's site right now

of course, do not put on any setting besides "0" with eibachs on a 1st gen

photo courtesy of downsouth motorsports
I really need that picture I wasn't sure how they worked as far as ajustment!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i heard that you need a bpc relocator at 3 or higher- is it really just higher than 3? i also heard that extended brake lines are recommended but not required. so for both of these i figurd id do it b/c it sounds like if i flex at all with stock bpv and brake lines then im gonna fuck up my brake system
Well i have 4.5'' of rear lift and i didn't puts those on for 4 months. Course i didn't wheel like that just street driving.

the BPV valve definitely makes a difference tho, i felt a big difference when i did that. So really its prolly not a bad idea to do it with any lift.

the extended brake like i think you'd be fine at just 3''. cause i was flexed out a few times and my line was pretty stretched but not terrible and that was a 4.5''. The line i got is super freaking long tho now. No way it'll ever get tight.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #9

Quote:
DSM coupon code (i forget how much % discount it is...) TACO9604
Toytec coupon code: 112710 (i also forget the discount to that one)
Ok I'm going to get on this hopefully, I got to get me some tires after I recover from the lift. I'm shooting to be done by christmas.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
I am purchasing the rear leafs one mine tomorrow... already have the Lr ucas and toy teche coilover boxed up in the shop ready to go on.... Any good ideas besides what yall mentioned here... Going ome 2.5 leafs ,bpv, all new bushings front to rear...
Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah im getting eibachs
wheelers sells an aal, a 4 leaf pack, and a 5 leaf pack. the 4 leaf is a stock pack and the 5 leaf is the 4 leaf with the aal, so i really am getting the wheelers aal
no its not. I have the 5 pk with the AAL and its shorter then the last leaf. THe 5 pk only gives like 1.5'' of lift man. I have the AAL and 1.5'' shackles and i get about 4.5 or so lift.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #13
Creepwood is on a distinguished road

Creepwood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok cool thanks
also, can i just make a brake line out of mcdonalds straws wrapped in electric tape for added strength?

Are you joking?? That is completely unsafe!

You should use duck tape instead.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
marcchrisv is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
marcchrisv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if i were you, i would get the toytec aal. that way, you can have 3 inch up front, 2-2.5 out back, which is very common on this site and it provides perfect level. that will clear 33s beautifully, any higher may look bad.
you may want to consider a diff drop, 3 inch is pretty much the highest you can go without a drop so youre pushing the limit. toytec sells a diff drop kit for like 20$ i think.
edit: if your leaves are sagging (they should be curved like a smile) then get a whole new leaf pack. it will be pretty expensive compared to an aal, but an aal wont work with a saggy pack and your ride should be shitty and you wont be able to handle loads in the back (twss) if the leaves are sagging (you should experience that now if they sag)
I agree with NMCQUEEN, get the toytec ultimate lift with the rear aal. I actually had a saggy leaf pack, and i haven't experienced any problems. I'm running 31's but i'm sure i could stuff some 33's under there with no issues (other than needing to adjust the bump stops so i don't rub when full tilt).
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalfee90 View Post
Ok I'm going to get on this hopefully, I got to get me some tires after I recover from the lift. I'm shooting to be done by christmas.
Your best bet for tires/wheels i would go to tirerack.com (bought mine from them, all 5 for under 2K)(if you're ordering a combo they will mount and balance for you).
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Well i have 4.5'' of rear lift and i didn't puts those on for 4 months. Course i didn't wheel like that just street driving.

the BPV valve definitely makes a difference tho, i felt a big difference when i did that. So really its prolly not a bad idea to do it with any lift.

the extended brake like i think you'd be fine at just 3''. cause i was flexed out a few times and my line was pretty stretched but not terrible and that was a 4.5''. The line i got is super freaking long tho now. No way it'll ever get tight.
Yes i highly recommend getting a longer brake line. I only have a 2.5" of lift, and when i dropped the rear drivers side during some wheeling i actually tore the brake line completely out of the fitting. Ended up driving all the way home using the E-Brake. Not fun, very dangerous, luckily i had a buddy in front of me that didn't mind if i bumped him in the rear to slow down. Still losing brakes is bad juju..
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcchrisv View Post
Yes i highly recommend getting a longer brake line. I only have a 2.5" of lift, and when i dropped the rear drivers side during some wheeling i actually tore the brake line completely out of the fitting. Ended up driving all the way home using the E-Brake. Not fun, very dangerous, luckily i had a buddy in front of me that didn't mind if i bumped him in the rear to slow down. Still losing brakes is bad juju..
that would suck lol i extended mine literally just before i went major wheeling to aviod that lol