LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bike Rack INSIDE the cab question

Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
hammerhammer is on a distinguished road
hammerhammer's Tacoma Gallery
Bike Rack INSIDE the cab question

I am the newbie and I have a 1999 taco! I store and transport my Mountain Bike in the bed of the truck and have a shell that protect the bike from the elements and the crooks! I set up a Yakima bar with fork mounts. Works great.
BFD - What's the question??????

I am considering a newer 2005ish taco 4x4 4 door and want to carry my Mountain bike in the interior for my storage and transport. That way I can use the truck bed more like a truck bed and securely store my bike.

And the question? PLEASE!

ok - ok.... Will it fit? Has anyone tried it? anyone got some good ideas? Any input would be helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhammer View Post
I am the newbie and I have a 1999 taco! I store and transport my Mountain Bike in the bed of the truck and have a shell that protect the bike from the elements and the crooks! I set up a Yakima bar with fork mounts. Works great.
BFD - What's the question??????

I am considering a newer 2005ish taco 4x4 4 door and want to carry my Mountain bike in the interior for my storage and transport. That way I can use the truck bed more like a truck bed and securely store my bike.

And the question? PLEASE!

ok - ok.... Will it fit? Has anyone tried it? anyone got some good ideas? Any input would be helpful.
how did my "gender" come up "Tranny"? What the heck is a Tranny anyway?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of bike and what frame size?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Std 26" mtb. Front wheel off length is about 5'. My taco has the extended cab, but still too long
Old 11-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've put 26",29", and road bikes in my backseats. They will fit but not easily. You may have to loosen the stem and or handlebar to get it to not contact the front seat, or the back window. I would be looking for other transport options if you are going to be putting a bike in and out frequently.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
got any photos?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #7

nope.

Go to dealer and cram your bike in a 2nd gen.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
will do something like that. Thanks for helping