Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Interference or non-interference engine in the TACO

Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Boudreaux is on a distinguished road
Boudreaux's Tacoma Gallery
Interference or non-interference engine in the TACO

I know I posted this some two years ago, but there seemed to be so many opinion, that I'm not sure of the true....So...with the passing of time perhaps someone knows positively..!!!!

Can anyone tell me "POSITIVELY" that the '00 Tacoma is an inference or non-interference engine......???

That is....when the timing belt fails, will the valves and the pistons collide, or not....???

When I posted this question some two years ago, I called four different dealers, and it seems that two dealers did not know (but which one is wrong). Two said yes, two said no.

How could we get this question answered once and for all....??
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The 5vz-fe is a NON-INTERFERENCE engine.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
just change your damn belt