Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spare tire options?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Spare tire options?

Alright guys,
Now that I have my lift/tires all done, I'm trying to figure out a way to carry my spare tire. I was thinking of getting a bed rack, but I don't want to copy 45acp here it town. I thought of mounting it up next to the cab, but I'm getting a toolbox for my bed pretty soon, and that would interfere. I'm carrying my stock spare under the bed just in case I really get into trouble. But I hate having it there.

So, let's see everyone's mounting areas for their full-size spare. I want to get some ideas. right now I'm liking the idea of mounting it in my bed towards the middle with a bracket coming through the bottom of my bed. Ideas? Thanks guys.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
i love the bed rack look. Im going get the Allpro bed rack and mod it. could get a tire gate too or tire tail gate. only other way really is to get one of those bed mounts
Yeah I love it too. But then Jon and I will look almost Identical...
Old 11-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks good mounted in the rear of the bed like so:

Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
just build your own!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Yeah I love it too. But then Jon and I will look almost Identical...
no really, you don't have armor lol

and get a different bumper. Add lights..you can still change a lot of the truck. And if you got the Allpro bed rack its nothing like the CBI one. But even if you did get the CBI one, it would still be cool and different. Can't argue with something that works good..lol

also if you get the allpro one..hang the tire from it and leave the top open for future tent platforms..well thats my opinion anyways..
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #7

im getting sliders next, and bumpers are coming next summer probably. and i'll look into the allpro bed rack. I also don't really have the fab tools to build my own, for those who mentioned it. and I like the idea of the rear-bed mounted spare, but then I can't put shit in my bed because it will slide out.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im getting sliders next, and bumpers are coming next summer probably. and i'll look into the allpro bed rack. I also don't really have the fab tools to build my own, for those who mentioned it. and I like the idea of the rear-bed mounted spare, but then I can't put shit in my bed because it will slide out.
Maybe just mount it far enough into the bed so you can still retain and close your tailgate?

I want to bed mount my spare...but also don't want to lose the functionality of the tailgate...but at the same time my tailgate is all fucked up (rust and dents) so I will probably get a rear mounted spare carrier and just toss or sell the gate. (anyone want to buy a starting to rust/dented cool steel metallic tail gate?? )

Lots of time to decide though...down on $$$ lol...

and sliders/bumpers/tires/suspension will come long before a spare mount. But due to the simplicity of a spare carrier, I have a little arc-welder that I can use tofab one up...afterall its not like bumpers or sliders that have to deal with potential load/stress that I wouldn't trust myself to fab on my own.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
You could mount it upright, off to the side of the bed like a lot of trucks do around here.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #10

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
You could mount it upright, off to the side of the bed like a lot of trucks do around here.

Damn thats a badass setup...with that rear bumper and sliders...pretty much a tank!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I like the tire gate version
Old 11-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #12

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxTRDxxx View Post
I like the tire gate version
I like them too...but they are hella expensive...around $900 for a unit.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
well you'll have to mod the Allpro bed rack really to make it hold a tire. I was goning to litereally just take the cable lift out from under the truck and weld it on it somehow with an easier handle to acess lol think it'll work good tho..
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
well you'll have to mod the Allpro bed rack really to make it hold a tire. I was goning to litereally just take the cable lift out from under the truck and weld it on it somehow with an easier handle to acess lol think it'll work good tho..
I like the CBI one. Then I could mount my (future) HiLift on it. I don't even have a full-size spare yet
Old 11-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #15
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
I like the CBI one. Then I could mount my (future) HiLift on it. I don't even have a full-size spare yet
lol who needs one..jk haha im glad i am getting Jons set of tires so i don't have to shell out for a 33x12.5 spare lol

And yea the CBI one is great and since Jon is moving..you could get that..haha

I am planning on the allpro one personally to build a tent platform.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I recently saw it in a mag but not on their website yet. Take a look.

www.tiregate.com
Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
just build your own!

Visually I like this one the best.

You could always do it in away u can just unbolt the whole mount from the bed when u wanna haul stuff. Most units are prolly built that way anyway. I m more of a build it myself kinda Guy.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCBR View Post
Visually I like this one the best.
It's not going to fit with the toolbox I'm inheriting from 45acp. And I want to actually be able to use my bed, that's why I have a truck...
Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Tacoma View Post
I recently saw it in a mag but not on their website yet. Take a look.

www.tiregate.com
I like!

Edit:

OUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$$
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-T...%2fGTY80008-VT
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #20
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about trying to modify the existing spare tire carrier to fit a 33?

Products Discussed in this Thread