Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech floor plan?

Old 11-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech floor plan?

I asked this before and didn't really get a clear cut answer, so here it is again.

Is the floor plan in the front of a first gen. DC different of a single/extended cab. Weathertech floor liners say they will not fit a double cab (first gen) but im wondering if that has anything to do with meaning they dont have the second row
Old 11-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure but it might help if you tried to find some part numbers. By some chance maybe the numbers will line up and give you a good idea. Also, try checking around at places that sell Husky mats too, just to see if they sell different ones for the regular vs double cab so you'd at least know they were close.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthemaiden View Post
I'm not sure but it might help if you tried to find some part numbers. By some chance maybe the numbers will line up and give you a good idea. Also, try checking around at places that sell Husky mats too, just to see if they sell different ones for the regular vs double cab so you'd at least know they were close.
Not sure what you mean numbers, there is only one weathertech model that im talking about.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to be debbie downer here, but the weather tech digital fit floor liners I got for my '06 Legacy are vastly overrated.

The material is impossible to clean - they will never go back to being new looking. You're not supposed to use any cleaner on them other than mild soap. That doesn't do squat with only a sponge so you have to use one of those veggie scrubbers (soft bristles) and even then the liners always look dirty. Maybe not that big of a deal in a pick up truck, but certainly chaps my arse in a clean and detailed Legacy

The fit isn't that great for "digital fit"

In Winter, the material almost gets slick (hard to describe).

For the price I think they are vastly overrated.

JMO of course.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I don't want to be debbie downer here, but the weather tech digital fit floor liners I got for my '06 Legacy are vastly overrated.

The material is impossible to clean - they will never go back to being new looking. You're not supposed to use any cleaner on them other than mild soap. That doesn't do squat with only a sponge so you have to use one of those veggie scrubbers (soft bristles) and even then the liners always look dirty. Maybe not that big of a deal in a pick up truck, but certainly chaps my arse in a clean and detailed Legacy

JMO of course.
Just the opposite here... best floor liner out there.

Easy to clean - you can use more aggressive cleaners with a scrub brush
Fits Great
Holds a ton of crap
Goes up the sides for ultimate protection
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
I can't speak for Weathertechs, but bought Husky liners for 01 regular cab and they fit just fine on my 01 DC
Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
Well I can't speak for Weathertech, but I had Husky liners (awesome btw) in my '97 xtracab and they would NOT fit in my '01 DC. I would imagine that the same goes for the weathertechs
I think 95-00 would be different from 01-04 anyway. Not sure it was only due to xc vs dc. Just from looking at my xc and other dc, they looked the same (didnt measure though, just appearance)
Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
OP have you contacted MacNeil Automotive?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #10
Space Wrangler is on a distinguished road

Name: JCT
Space Wrangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
I asked this before and didn't really get a clear cut answer, so here it is again.

Is the floor plan in the front of a first gen. DC different of a single/extended cab. Weathertech floor liners say they will not fit a double cab (first gen) but im wondering if that has anything to do with meaning they dont have the second row

indeed. ..they are different. i had husky liners in my extended cab ...when i traded it in on the double cab, i assumed they would drop right in ..but they didn't. i was able to get it to fit, but i had to trim it.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #11

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
OP have you contacted MacNeil Automotive?

Multiple times, i have called but their call people didnt sound like they knew shit but the tone in their voice. I emailed one of their product manager directly, pending response.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #12

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery

There is actually a slightdimensional variance with the floor of the Double Cab.

Our engineers have conductedproduct testing on this vehicle and have concluded that this liner will notappropriately accommodate the Double Cab model.

Unfortunately, it appears thatthere is no current plan for developing a specific liner for the 2001 DoubleCab.

Sincerely,

John Lewandowski

MacNeil Automotive ProductsLtd.

jlewandowski@weathertech.com

800.441.6287 Ext. 471
Old 11-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #13

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Ok,

I have pictures from weathertech of their designs and dimensions for first gen. tacomas, from one of their engineers. I dont think i can publish them for legal reasons. If anyone who owns a extended/single cab 1st gen can give me photos of their floor (Drivers + passengers side) it would be greatly appriciated.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
dmenk87 is on a distinguished road
dmenk87's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have those dimensions?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post

JMO of course.
scrub brush and soft scrub with bleach, never hurt mine.... actually found out that it didnt hurt it when my mother decided to clean them because he was using my truck
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
scrub brush and soft scrub with bleach, never hurt mine.... actually found out that it didnt hurt it when my mother decided to clean them because he was using my truck

ummm...