Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Horn, cruise control, airbag light... Same time

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Question Horn, cruise control, airbag light... Same time

Still learning how to work on the taco... but have zero knowledge on internal steering components... But my horn and cruise non longer work.. Fuses are good. And also the air bag light is on. Easy fix?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdynaryder View Post
Still learning how to work on the taco... but have zero knowledge on internal steering components... But my horn and cruise non longer work.. Fuses are good. And also the air bag light is on. Easy fix?
Yikes, are you sure the fuses are all alright? I had one go out and it caused some strange symptons that I wouldn't have thought related..

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

all of them are good. Had a buddy tell me it maybe have to do with the steering.can do serious engine work but im very incompetent when it comes to wiring lol
Old 11-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
To be continued...
Gorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gorillazrus's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue afte I replaced my rack and pinion. Turns out that when I reinstalled everything something got out of wack and I broke the spiral cable aka clock spring in my steering wheel. It controls the air bag, horn and cruise ect. In the steering console. You might have the same issue.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
To be continued...
Gorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gorillazrus's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the link that I found to help me replace mine

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697181
Old 11-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Cruise and horn are run through the clockspring. There's a thread here to check/replace the it:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ck-spring.html
Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #7

Ah ha clock springs it is guys... Thanks...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
Broken clock spring.would be my guess. had the same thing happen on mine after the steering wheel was turned while I had the linkage disconnected.