Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

would you pay 20k

Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
stempsons is on a distinguished road
stempsons's Tacoma Gallery
would you pay 20k

for a 1st ('01-'04) gen access cab, TRD, 4x4 with 10k original miles and by all accounts basically new looking?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
What year and specs? Maybe if it was a 2004 double cab 4x4 trd.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
What year and specs? Maybe if it was a 2004 double cab 4x4 trd.
edited first post...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
is it manual?

meh it doesn't matter, the truck is not worth that much. Maybe 16k.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
F no... dont care how many miles it has it still a use 7 + year old truck.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the maintenance done to it. Certain components like seals, electrical parts and fluids still degrade with age. I have seen garage queens that look brand new inside and out, but with most of the wiring chewed up by rats...
Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
is it manual?

meh it doesn't matter, the truck is not worth that much. Maybe 16k.
manual
Old 11-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempsons View Post
manual
yeah If I had the money and it was perfect (good tires, perfect paint/interior, maintenance records, completely stock) then I wouldn't have a problem paying 15k for it. He shouldn't be asking more than 16k.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
id pay 9k
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
id pay 9k
Well then I got ripped off on my truck
Old 11-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
it's crazy, i've been in the market for a low mileage first gen, and have found several with anywhere between 8k-30k miles. all are priced at 18-20k. two of them were purchased by brokers for 18k, and none of the dealers will even budge $100.

i managed to negotiate 3500 off a new truck, but these 1st gens seem to sell for waaaay more then book.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
lol i actually wouldn't.
if i had 9 grand cash, I'd buy a piece of shit Hilux or 1st Gen Pickup...and build ground up into a bad crawler..Marlin Dual Ultimates, FJ80's front and rear, etc.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
braaap

Quote:
it's crazy, i've been in the market for a low mileage first gen, and have found several with anywhere between 8k-30k miles. all are priced at 18-20k. two of them were purchased by brokers for 18k, and none of the dealers will even budge $100.

i managed to negotiate 3500 off a new truck, but these 1st gens seem to sell for waaaay more then book.
Yeah 1st gens are very desirable nowadays since Toyota's quality has been going downhill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
lol i actually wouldn't.
if i had 9 grand cash, I'd buy a piece of shit Hilux or 1st Gen Pickup...and build ground up into a bad crawler..Marlin Dual Ultimates, FJ80's front and rear, etc.
Now that's more like it
Old 11-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes, they go for more than book consistently. KBB is retarded, though.
How are you finding that many with such low miles? Are all those 04s?Seems extremely unusual...odo rollbacks?

Still, I think Steve-O's about right with 15k max for stunning, showroom-floor condition and perfect records fully loaded TRD SR5. You'd still be looking at possible tires, T-belt, hoses, possibly even springs and shocks because they are so weak.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah 1st gens are very desirable nowadays since Toyota's quality has been going downhill.
...and scarcity. They aren't being made anymore, and many have been crushed for frame rust buybacks.

2nd gens are dime-a-dozen, as you can tell from all the other losers on this site.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #17
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
...and scarcity. They aren't being made anymore, and many have been crushed for frame rust buybacks.

2nd gens are dime-a-dozen, as you can tell from all the other losers on this site.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #18

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sig it. I dare you.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
Quote:
Yes, they go for more than book consistently. KBB is retarded, though.
How are you finding that many with such low miles? Are all those 04s?Seems extremely unusual...odo rollbacks?
been searching auto trader, craigs list, and broker websites. they're not exactly local, but within a few hundred miles. all are close if not show room condition.
one '01, one '02, and one '04. all manuals, all trd's, all different colors.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #20
braaap

Quote:
Sig it. I dare you.

lets see who gets butthurt first