Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best places to buy rotors

Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
vweller is on a distinguished road

Name: Van
vweller's Tacoma Gallery
Best places to buy rotors

Anyone have any great places to buy new rotors? My brakes are starting to pulse and the steering wheel shakes under braking. I figured it would be a good time to replace the front rotors. I need to find a place that is reliable and cheap for parts. Don't have a lot of money to spend on new factory rotors.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
Space Wrangler is on a distinguished road

Name: JCT
Space Wrangler's Tacoma Gallery
i prefer centric's premium rotors. ...hit up the googles to find the best price.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
SP performance. Great company. Really knowledgeable.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Normally for inexpensive wear parts, like front brake rotors, I use FLAP or friendly local auto parts store...I got 165k miles out of the original front rotors on my 94 toy pickup, and the original rear pads were good when I sold at 217K miles.

RockAuto is too high on shipping heavy stuff, like rotors. Personally, I like the Wagner or Raybestos brands. I really like the wagner severe duty pads, expensive, but they work NICE.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
Common Sense Ninja
thatSchusterguy is on a distinguished road
thatSchusterguy's Tacoma Gallery
Napa blanks are my rotor of choice for cars so I was planning on using them for the truck. What pads are you going to run?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.RaceShopper.com

Call them. The guy's name is Edwin.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomabrakes.htm
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it depends on how hard you are on your brakes I put some Duralast on paid $64 for the pr, at Auto Zone got a $10 rebate on top of it, and they seem to be working fine
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
pigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpigger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Great site, Dan; i've added it to my favorites. We'll be doing business when I get a little $$ sat aside for brake rotors & pads.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by vweller View Post
Anyone have any great places to buy new rotors? My brakes are starting to pulse and the steering wheel shakes under braking. I figured it would be a good time to replace the front rotors. I need to find a place that is reliable and cheap for parts. Don't have a lot of money to spend on new factory rotors.
I guess some people missed that.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
FolsomSam is on a distinguished road
Name: Sam
FolsomSam's Tacoma Gallery
I would definitely measure the thickness and see if you are OK to have machined. I was experiencing the same feeling on my 2002, and found a thread here that suggested a tire rotation and make sure the lug nuts are re-torqued properly. Shaking and pulsing went away. Zero cost.