1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3.4L Exhaust Leak Help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Mr Texas, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Nov 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    Mr Texas

Mr Texas [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Ventura
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD PreRunner 4x4
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    After cleaning out my throttle body and IAC valve on my 99 3.4l, I found an exhaust leak. Its not where the manifold meets the engine its where the driver's side exhaust meets the exhaust tube that crosses behind the engine to meet up with the passenger side.

I am having trouble locating the correct gasket that goes with that flange, its not in the repair manual and the only things I can find online are a complete gasket set for the 3.4 or just the manifold gaskets. Should I try the dealer, or is there somewhere online that does have them?

Also, since I will be taking apart part of my exhaust and replacing one gasket should I just take apart the rest to do all new gaskets?

2. Nov 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    hayabusa3303

hayabusa3303 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    ARB bumper, warn 9.5 winch. carbon fiber hood. Leer top with thule racks and MOAB from thule. Electric fans, blue sea fuse block, Sony dvd Head unit, Xm tuner and HD tuner. New carpet and new racing seats. ( other half doesnt like them i think). Nwor springs and adjustable coil overs. Sky jacker rear shocks. Slot and drilled rotors. Engine Titanium ceramic coated headers, no cat, jba cat back. URD Rear Sensor Simulator. Leds all around and inside cab and HID H4 hi/lo beams.
    You can get that metal gasket from the dealer. You will have to replace the driver side manifold gasket if you headers off. I will warn you its tight in here. If you have Alot of rust on the joint where they meet good luck in getting them two to come apart. It welds together.

Only other thing to try is take it to a muffler shop have them fill in the hole by welding it shut.

Products Discussed in

To Top