Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Softopper

Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Softopper

Just bought a Softopper for my dcb tacoma! Im so excited. Should be in early next week and will be put on the same day I get it! I will post up pics as soon as I get it so the post isnt worthless haha.
If anyone else has any pics of there softopper post up some pics just to get me excited!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Did you look at both softoper and best top soft top? And what was your deciding factor?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed03DBLCABTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
03DBLCABTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Try this
It's on my 2nd gen. But it was also on my first gen.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #4

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Well I found the softopper on CL for 200 bucks so I could not pass it up. I do like the softopper better though just because I dont like the windows as much on the bestop.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
Well I found the softopper on CL for 200 bucks so I could not pass it up. I do like the softopper better though just because I dont like the windows as much on the bestop.
$200!!! wow what a good price! lucky you! i've been looking at getting one for a while but $600 is a hard pill to swallow..
Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #6

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Ive wanted a softopper for a while but couldnt find one used. I had almost given up my search but found this one while searching for taco parts. Couldnt be happier with my $200 purchase!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find. I've been looking too. I just cant decide between softoper or best top.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #8

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have read both are good quality. Imo it comes down to if you want the side windows or not. Or if you find a good deal on one.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #9
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
post a pic when you get it installed.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #10

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
I will for sure. Its supposed to be in tomorrow and hopefully it will be warm enough to put it on. I can't wait!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #11

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Well the softopper did come in and I finally finished installing it about 30 mins ago. Drove out to the gas station to snap some pics. The install would have went alot smoother but me and my dad tried to install it backwards for about 30 minutes hah Im surprised I got everything to snap into place because it had rained all day and was pretty chilly. Enough rambling..onto the pics....

Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
NICE! actually makes me want one, haha.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
that looks great!!!!!

....definitely on my list for the taco....such a long, long list...
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #14

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I love it so far. Cant wait to see it in the day light. Like many others I have a long long list too but hopefully in the next few months ill knock a few more off the list. Tires and lift for sure. The way its looking probably bumpers and skids too!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #15

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Just in case anyone was interested a couple day light pics from turkey day..

Old 11-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #16
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
That looks fantastic. You are really lucky finding one for $200, I've been dying for one of these since I bought my taco. Good luck with it.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #17

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jackhart. I was very surprised he still had it. It couldnt have worked out any better because he had the topper on a 1st gen and 2nd gen so he had the clamps I needed and If I ever sell I have 1st and 2nd gen clamps for it. So far I am loving the versatility the softopper offers.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #18

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Just for anyone else looking this is one I found while my search for one. It fits an excab so it wouldnt fit mine. Super steal..Not sure if he still has it but cant hurt to post it up.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/2700106707.html
Old 12-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #19
Dirt Ferguson is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
Dirt Ferguson's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone tell me if these toppers offer any protection whatsoever from burglary? Is there any option to lock the topper opening?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #20
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Ferguson View Post
Can anyone tell me if these toppers offer any protection whatsoever from burglary? Is there any option to lock the topper opening?
I would say no....because if they see something in there they really want a knife would allow them easy access to grab what they wanted