Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

winter rims/tires... painted

Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dom
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
winter rims/tires... painted

Painted my stock rims graphite and wrapped them with firestone winterforce 265/75/16 tires
(ran out of paint so havent done center caps yet)

No rubbing at all with tires and stock suspension. If Im at the right angle and at full lock I would rub with my 265/70/17. (prob because of rim backspacing? 17s are 2gen sport rims)

Old 11-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I rub on the frame at full lock and turning left. Very minor though.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
What brand paint and any special preperation, let see pic's when you get the center caps painted and on.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy3 View Post
Painted my stock rims graphite
Graphite looks great with the green.

Any pics in day light?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
If it stops raining here I'll be able to get center caps done and pics outside... Hoping for tomorrow!

For prep I used Aircraft remover to get rid of clear coat still on and clean it up a little. Then I sanded it down and cleaned it up with acetone (which I tried on my fender flares and it blackened them up and havent faded yet after 2 months). Sprayed a couple coats on each wheel and all done. I still have the can so I'll look to see what brand/color code I used.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Hope they hold up well UpState NY should be a good test, I need to turn the white letters before I paint my wheels, they were that way when I bought the trk.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
Binghamton area
Old 11-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #11
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
The graphite looks good w/ the green truck.

I have been considering painting my rims a similar color or black for a while now.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
The graphite looks good w/ the green truck.

I have been considering painting my rims a similar color or black for a while now.
Black would look beast on your truck IMO
Old 11-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Black would look beast on your truck IMO
thanks for the opinion, your probably right
Old 11-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
Truck was dirty and cell didnt seem to want to take a decent pic. I'll get it washed and center caps painted this week and put up a couple more

Thought it was kinda cool the way just the tips of the 5 star were lit up

My 3 rides... (well, now its 2, just sold Integra tonight)
Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
so I didnt expect it to take THAT long to get centers painted and truck washed, but here it is......

Old 01-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the Firestone Winterforce UV tires? I have them studded in the 245/70R17 size on my gen II. The really like to bite into ice:-)

Howard
Old 01-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
They are pretty decent. Lost about 2mpg when I put them on but I havent really got to test them out in the snow yet. Not too loud on highway either.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires did you take off? could the mpg change relate to change in diameter?

My mpg seems about unchanged, then again, I stuck with the same OD.

Howard
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #19
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
I had 265/65/17 that came on newer tacomas and was getting 21 highway, then went to 265/70/17 and dropped to about 19mpg, then put these on and getting around 17mpg highway. Could be the colder weather and gas too tho. Who knows.

BTW... I just saw your from JC, is that Johnson city NY? whats your truck look like???? I've probably seen you around
Old 01-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
RickN is on a distinguished road

RickN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy3 View Post
I had 265/65/17 that came on newer tacomas and was getting 21 highway, then went to 265/70/17 and dropped to about 19mpg, then put these on and getting around 17mpg highway. Could be the colder weather and gas too tho. Who knows.

BTW... I just saw your from JC, is that Johnson city NY? whats your truck look like???? I've probably seen you around
Snow tires on my little 4-banger Ranger dropped the mileage a good 3mpg in the same size as stock. Granted I was getting 26mpg in that thing, only thing I miss about it.

Hey what Paint did you use? I really like that look. Hard to tell from the photos but is there a gloss to it?