Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

K&N+ Magnaflow muffler = Happy taco ˇ!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Talking K&N+ Magnaflow muffler = Happy taco ˇ!

Took two hours. Great sound.
Attached Thumbnails
K&N+ Magnaflow muffler = Happy taco ˇ!-2011-11-14_11-34-52_416.jpg   K&N+ Magnaflow muffler = Happy taco ˇ!-2011-11-14_11-35-11_659.jpg   K&N+ Magnaflow muffler = Happy taco ˇ!-2011-11-10_13-54-20_268.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

dont have a tape measure handy but that seems pretty close.. It was the flow through cat back from magnaflow..
Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Does the K&N affect the offroad preformance?
like the ability to go through water?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
lol no intake can just "go through water" lol thats why there are snorkels
I meant the trucks ability.. haha like is it easy to get water in it? i would think it would be better than the stock intake
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #8

possibly.... Due to the fact its open most elements under the hood.. But normal conditions i.e. rain, snow, and other forms of precipitation I would consider rather safe. Snorkel is the only sure fire way of maximum water resistance..
Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #9

Quote:
I have the 14x9 i think. sounds great.
Love my sound also...just throaty enough to not have a raspy rice rocket sound
Old 11-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
Serious Awesomeness
Sparrow is on a distinguished road
Sparrow's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine with a K&N/Magnaflow combo already installed and love it. I've always wondered a couple things that perhaps you can answer. One was how much the setup cost, and the other is how it affected the fuel economy?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
Serious Awesomeness
Sparrow is on a distinguished road
Sparrow's Tacoma Gallery
I live in the desert in Nevada, lots of dirt roads, lots of dust, and I've heard that those are not ideal conditions for doing a deckplate mod.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I live in the desert in Nevada, lots of dirt roads, lots of dust, and I've heard that those are not ideal conditions for doing a deckplate mod.
Idk about a deckplate, but IMO its a must to run a paper filter if you go offroad.

I had a K&N in my truck and even after just 500 miles there was noticeable dust in the intake tubing..

I go offroad a lot, and in FL with all the sand its really dusty. I run an OEM style paper filter and the elbow mod. That its.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Ive run a k&N intake for years of no problems wheeling, but I always run a outerwear. After years of riding quads I would never run a K&N cone without an outerwear. outerwears are worth the peach of mind.
went mudding with no innerfenders and this was the result:

New filter/cleaned the outerware and back in buisness. My MAF did need to be cleaned but I also had to drive 2 hours home with that filter.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

oh yea outerwear # RC-4700DR its like $25 most places
Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #20

Quote:
yea...see when i went mudding..i just put the deckplate back on..and everything is clean lol
Never had any problems until I removed the stock intake tube and washer reservior after the front glass install with no inner fenders. Anyways the tire sprayed mud directly to the filter. Really just owner error, no time to finish making innerfenders but still want to wheel.