Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GAS TANK SKID PLATE (Metal cover that protects your gas tank) question

Old 11-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
TacomaFrank is on a distinguished road
Name: tacomafrank
TacomaFrank's Tacoma Gallery
GAS TANK SKID PLATE (Metal cover that protects your gas tank) question

GAS TANK SKID PLATE (Metal cover that protects your gas tank) question.

QUESTION: I have a 2002 Tacoma and am looking for a good used Gas tank skid plate and was wondering what other year TACOMAs or 4Runners....will work on mine.

I heard a 2000 4Runner skid plate will work on my 2002 Tacoma, is that true???

Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All Pro, Bud Built and ATO make gas tank skids.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I do not believe that any of those vendors make gas tank skids for a first gen, which is what the OP is looking for.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Holy thread revival. But OP if you already have one, simple add some 3/16" plate to it, on the bottom, need nothing more
Old 12-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I do not believe that any of those vendors make gas tank skids for a first gen, which is what the OP is looking for.
Bud does last I checked. Which was some time ago. Gotta call and ask though.