Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just rolled my truck

Old 11-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Just rolled my truck

Hey guys. So hit a patch of black ice tonight and slid sideways. Tried to correct and it wasn't doin anything. Hit the gravel Shoulder and flipped the truck. Headed back to my house now so I'll try to get you guys pictures in the morning. Had my roommate with me and were both okay. Such a shitty deal. I'll get more specific with what happened when I get on a computer

here's the story
a girl i'm seeing was coming down from up north to stay the weekend and i got a call from her at 11:30 saying that she rolled her xterra off the highway. me and my roommate grabbed a bunch of recovery gear and headed out. the roads heading out of klamath falls were all completely dry so i was doin about 65mph to get to her as quick as i could safely. we made it about 15 miles out of klamath falls when we came to a section that has the lake on the left and a huge drainage ditch on the right that is filled with water from the lake. the section was probably a 2 mile straight stretch of road and we were about half way down it when the truck pitched sideways, i tried to correct it but the entire road was a sheet of ice and was nothing i could do, i slammed the breaks hoping that we would stay in a straight line and slide down the highway to a stop but the road was arched in order for water to drain off it. we were sliding side ways for a good 200-300 yards at over 50mph and the truck slowly was sliding closer to the shoulder on the opposite side of the road. when we hit the shoulder i pretty much new it was over, we slid about 60ft on the gravel side ways and were almost to a stop it seemed like when the truck tipped up on to its side and then slid off the road into the drainage ditch about 15-20 feet down and landed on its top. probably one of the scariest moments of my lift. me and my room mate were sitting there hanging up side down made sure each other were alright and got of the truck.

overall i'm thankful that there was no cars coming in the opposite lane because someone would have been seriously hurt or killed and also that we didn't start flipping when we hit the gravel at around 50mph. we got extremely lucky that it rolled over so slowly. its a shitty deal but i'm just keeping positive thoughts and happy that it didn't turn out worse. the truck can be replaced and it will be as soon as i get everything sorted out.

as for the armor! everything held up great! the bumper is unscaved and it landed on a bolder that was about 3ft tall. we tipped on the passenger side and pivoted off of the slider and almost left the passenger side unscaved compared to the drivers. the slider has a dent about half the tubes width deep where you can see it landed on a rock. all of the damage on the right side was caused from them rolling it back over.

thanks again everyone i appreciate all the kind words. i hope to get back on the trails as soon as i can!

Old 11-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
drarin is on a distinguished road
drarin's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks. Glad you are ok.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
damn hope your ok man.. sorry bout the truck
Old 11-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks
Old 11-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the truck but, at least you guys are okay.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you and your rm mate are fine. Sorry to hear man.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #8
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
glad to know your okay.. sucks for the taco :/
Old 11-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #9
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear that you guys are okay and the tack can always be fixed. You buys not so much.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:49 AM   #10
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Another Taco Wrecked here, been a lot lately but glad you guys are okay....trucks can be replaced but lives can't
Old 11-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #11
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
dang man, shitty luck glad everyones okay!

looking forward to pics and a more detailed story!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #12
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Wow sorry to hear. Glad your ok..... truck can be fixed/replaced
Old 11-19-2011, 04:10 AM   #13
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Aww damn dude. Sorry to hear about the truck but glad to hear you guys are alright
Old 11-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #14
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that makes it a hell of a crappy night....
Funny thing is you rushed here to advise us fight after lol
Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #15
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the truck. Glad you guys are okay!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #16
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
glad ur ok good way to get in a 2012 tacoma hope things go ur way
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #17
megawisdumb is on a distinguished road
megawisdumb's Tacoma Gallery
Tap the insurance and tap it hard. Belts can make a huge difference in walking away or layin down. Glad to learn ur well. Down south when we get ice they are hundreds of cars/trucks in the median - upright, sideways, bottonm up as well as no bread or milk in the stores. People down here floor it when they start sliding. Its sad but funny to watch in a demented way.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #18
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
damn Tim glad you and your roommate are okay... sorry bout the truck hope its not to to serious just glad your alright
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #19
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Damn TIM, sorry to hear, glad you are okay.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:40 AM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh Black Ice
Sorry to hear about your truck but am so glad you and your friend are ok!!