Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bds suspension

Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
bds suspension

I live in kentucky and I have a 01 regualr cab toyota and I recently saw another regualr toyota that was lift I stoped and talked to the guy and her said he had a 2 inch lift from bds suspension and swore by it and said it was a good quality but I wanted to get the opinion of you guys. Its also a strut spacer lift which throws a flag to me
Old 11-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
thats a spacer and we all know they ride like shit
Old 11-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #3

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
That is true so heres the way i was trying to go i was wanting to get a coilover and go with prolly a add a leaf and try to get around 2inches of lift im not looking to drain the bank account if you get a my idea but still i want something that rides half way decent and not like a square box on wheels
Old 11-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Its amazing how many people think spacers and blocks are good lifts...probably because they just take the advice of the first salesperson they talk to and dont do any research.

I know people that buy $50k trucks and then put spacers and blocks on them to lift it

Like other have said, if you want about 2'' of lift, OME suspension and an AAL in the rear are your best bet.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #6

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking the bilstein 5100's with a old man emu coil for the frount and I'm not sure about the rear yet any ideas?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't combine 5100's and OME coils, that combo is usually too stiff. The OME coils are made for the OME struts. You can use the 5100's and OME coils together, but will ride nothing like the full OME setup.

Everyone on here that has used OME coils on 5100's later switched to OME struts and were much more satisfied with the quality of the ride.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #8

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
What would you suggest with the 5100's
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #9

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
The only lift coil I would suggest with the 5100's are the eibach, but they give 3''+ of lift.

Why do you want to go with the 5100's, because they are cheaper?

If so I would save up for the OME's. At least run the OME setup in the front, and if you want to save a bit of money run 5100's in the back.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #11

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've been looking on here and just kind of falling in where others have been talking about lifts and what not ill be completely honest I know very little about all the different choices and brands and its not so much that there cheaper its just I'm building a 70 nova so I'm not looking to stretch myself thin and ill prollt end up doing a AAL
Old 11-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #12

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-49...-leaf-kit.html

this AAL is a progressive 3-leaf system. Will be a lot better then a single AAL.

Then run OME in the front for about 2'', rear will be about 1.5'' and you will be pretty level.

is your truck a V6 or the I4?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
885s & Dakars is a great lift. 3" front & rear. Still on stock tires but will be getting 265/75/16s
Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #14

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Its a 4 banger regular cab
Old 11-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #15
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
Its a 4 banger regular cab
Then get the 884 coils. Same spring rate just slightly shorter than the 885s.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #17

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking ome for the frount and a aal is the way for me
Old 11-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #18

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
OME 880 coils should level you with a 1.5'' AAL in the rear.