Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Frame Rust and Dana

Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Frame Rust and Dana

The Toyota Motors Company was forced to recall around 110,000 units of its Toyota Tacoma model in the year 2009. It has now come to light that the cause behind this recall rests with the OEM supplier. Toyota has now decided to take action against the Dana company which is an OEM contractor based in Ohio. This company mainly supplies components such as the driveshaft and axles for commercial trucks, automobiles and for heavy equipments.

The problem behind the recall resulted as a result of rusted frames which were supplied to the Toyota Motors Company for its Tacoma pick up truck. These frames were found to be exposed towards road salt. The frames came from the Dana manufacturing plant which was sold to the Metalsa Company which is a subsidiary of the Mexican Grupo Porza Conglomerate. The company was however sold after the framed were built by Dana during the period of 1995 to 2000.

If this is the case why are there rust out problems with the 01-04 models? Unless there were a shit load sitting around for use on the newer models.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
XwesleysnipesX is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
XwesleysnipesX's Tacoma Gallery
My 02 is getting a new frame right now. Man I miss that truck.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm....interesting.

Who made the frames for 2001-2004 tacos?

I know the resale value for my Taco took a big hit...thanks Dana Corp....even though they are gone now...

Even though I will never sell my Taco
Old 11-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
The 01-04 frames aren't the same from what Toyota told me. It makes sense that 95.5-00 would fall into this but the 01-04 frames were probably from the same company, just new name.