leveling kits and tires

Old 11-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
armstrong is on a distinguished road
armstrong's Tacoma Gallery
leveling kits and tires

will a 3'' front 2'' rear leveling kit allow 285/7516?? on a 04 xtra cab
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
will a 3'' front 2'' rear leveling kit allow 285/7516??
Welcome to TW. You will need wheel spacers, and to trim some fender well plastic and possibly chop your cab mounts. This is one of the most commonly asked questions on this site. You might try a search next time.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
i ordered some 285/75r16 pro comp xtremes and some 6by8 pro comp wheels with 4'' backspacing from 4 wheel parts or something like that, the guy said it would work with 3'' leveling kit, i also bought a diff drop only thing i should have to worry bout is a lil bit of trimming right???
Old 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i ordered some 285/75r16 pro comp xtremes and some 6by8 pro comp wheels with 4'' backspacing from 4 wheel parts or something like that, the guy said it would work with 3'' leveling kit, i also bought a diff drop only thing i should have to worry bout is a lil bit of trimming right???
You will need new upper control arms to get your alignment in spec. Also I'd recommend against leveling kits.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling kits bad
new Coil overs good
Old 11-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
y are leveling kits no good?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Even with a 3" lift and trimming of the pinch weld (no cab mount, thats only 2nd gens) The 285s will still rub on the frame when you get close to full lock.
I havent have problems with my axles after 20k+ miles and my alignment was okay only the caster was off a little bit.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
y are leveling kits no good?

If your looking to off roading I would highly recommend putting some new coil overs. Makes the ride a lot more comfortable co's Brands are intended for offroad uses

If your looking for looks and maybe very minimal off roading get a spacer lift i have friends that have spacers and one time my friend hit a pot whole and the spacer broke in half with I only having one month of use