1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where is this mystical screw in the ashtray area on an 03?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by joelwastaken, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Nov 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    joelwastaken

joelwastaken [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    03 Taco TRD V6 2wd
    So I'm installing a stereo here in the next couple of days... the only dilemma being I can't get my center dash all the way apart. I have read numerous write ups on it, the customtacos one w/ pics being the most helpful, except that it doesn't show where the screw is in the ash tray area that I'm suppose to take out. There are two that are right on top of the ash tray (if it was still in there) that I can take out that seem to help, but it's obvious it's still attached somewhere, and I don't see any other screws anywhere in there. And yes I do have the two taken out that are by the temp controls. Hah what am I missing here...

2. Nov 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    01Tac0ma

01Tac0ma Bash Fabriction & Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    West Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    SAS 01 TRD 4x4
    Look at build!
    To install the radio you shouldnt have to take out the ash tray you just have to remove the plastic piece around the floor board with the 2 blanks and cig lighters, then the surround should come off after the 2 screws around the temp controls are out as you said...try removing the piece with the 12v outlets and see if there are any back ther, if they are theres a good chance i dont put them back cause i have it apart so often.

Products Discussed in

To Top