Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Deckplate mod issues. Engine chokes at 3k rpms

Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Deckplate mod issues. Engine chokes at 3k rpms

Ok so I did the deckplate mod like a month ago. Reset the EFI (although mine was a 20 amp, not 15 like most people said).
The truck is still not starting easily (usually takes 2 tries). Also when I get to about 3k rpm's the engine starts choking.
I've used more than a few tanks of gas (Probably gone 500 miles or more?) and the problem is not fixing itself. Check engine light is still on.
What should I do?
One more thing, I forgot to reset the EFI at first, drove probably a tank of gas, then realized I need to reset it, so I pulled out the fuse and put it right back in.
Do I have to leave the fuse out for a while for the EFI to reset or what?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Find out what codes it is throwing for the CEL.

Did you use sensor safe sealant? But after that long, I doubt it would be a factor.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Find out what codes it is throwing for the CEL.

Did you use sensor safe sealant? But after that long, I doubt it would be a factor.
How would I do that...?

Nope, didn't use sensor safe sealant... I kind of skimmed the write up, did the mod, and then READ the write up. Looking back, not the greatest idea.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjohauler View Post
How would I do that...?

Nope, didn't use sensor safe sealant... I kind of skimmed the write up, did the mod, and then READ the write up. Looking back, not the greatest idea.
Take it to an Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts and get them to check it for you for free.

Or you could go there and buy you a code reader and not ever have to worry about it again, like I did.