Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A Freakin Steal

Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
A Freakin Steal

If someone is looking for a clean low mileage 1st gen in SoCal check this one out. Damn, if I had the 10 grand right now I would buy it so fast. It only has 64k miles. Usually people with double the mileage would ask for thousands more than this guys asking.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...717604030.html
Old 11-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
really? 2wds arent worth anything here. I paid 10k for my '04 4x4 with 75k miles last year.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
really? 2wds arent worth anything here. I paid 10k for my '04 4x4 with 75k miles last year.

These trucks range from 7k-10k with +140k miles here!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Seems ok to me . His description makes me LOL .
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
These trucks range from 7k-10k with +140k miles here!
4x4s here sell for about 10-15k depending on year/milage but the 2wd are like half that. They have no resale value here at all.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
They like to do the desert prerunner thing in socal, so it has more desireability in that market.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Yup $10k-15k for a good DC 1st gen around SoCal
Old 11-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Call me naive, but how can it be 2wd and have the TRD off road package?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
TRD Pre-Runner, perhaps? elocker and upgraded suspension, but no transfer case or front diff?
^ The obvious answer.

I just don't know if such a configuration existed
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #14

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be a tech at a Toyota dealer here and the pre-runner TRDs do exist. We would always comment about the "TRD Off Road" 2wd. Seemed odd
Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #15
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds fair to me. Definitely no steal.

If it were a 4x4 though, that would definitely be a steal.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #16
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
It's pretty difficult to find a 1st gen 4x4 with decent amount of miles and in good shape around here.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #17
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shampoop View Post
Sounds fair to me. Definitely no steal.

If it were a 4x4 though, that would definitely be a steal.
Its a steal to me. I see 2wd 1st gens with more than double the mileage going for 13-15k around here all the time.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #18
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty good price. Too bad it's a 2WD tacoma..
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #19
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
I scored a 96 Extra cab 3.4L 4x4 for $6500 with 110K miles. Felt like a steal. No frame issues either.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #20
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Im actually surprised some of you all have never heard of a TRD prerunner. I thought they were very common. I see a good mix of TRD 4x4 and TRD prerunner around my ways.