Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

URD MAF Calibrator

Old 11-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
calebdnehus is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
calebdnehus's Tacoma Gallery
URD MAF Calibrator

Will the urd maf calibrator work on my '98 tacoma 3.4? I have a k&n cold air intake and dynomax exhaust and wanted to get a little more power of them and this is what I came across to do the job, just wondering if it would "fit" my year model truck.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Call Gadget at URD and ask him...or shoot him a PM on one of the boards. But, he is always open to talk ing about his products and their applications.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i dont see why it wouldnt work. i went to their website, categories, shop by vehicle, tacoma, 1998, v6 3.4L 5VZ-FE, and it popped right up. there is no specific year in the product description, but just to be on the safe side, go ahead and call up gadget ((877) 887-3872) and ask
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Thanks guys, I called and he said it would fit. How much extra horse power do you think it will add to a completely stock engine?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebdnehus View Post
Thanks guys, I called and he said it would fit. How much extra horse power do you think it will add to a completely stock engine?
probably not a whole lot. you will need a cold air intake and exhaust and you COULD gain about 10-25ish HP with maf cal
Old 11-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #6
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator will work on ANY vehicle with a MAF or MAP sensor.

G
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
Okay. I have cai and a dynomax muffler but its on with the stock diameter pipe. Should i get a bigge diameter pipe if that adds more power? I plan on getting hearders, a throttle body spacer, and a high flow cat. I wanted to see also if URD would be able to tune the maf calibrator for all these things before they send it to me.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also looking at getting the URD MAF, my truck is stock right now but plan on putting a cold air and maybe a cat-back in the future. So will I see any real gains while its stock, and what will I have to do after the mods? Thanks