Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

01 Plasti-Dip Wheels?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
01 Plasti-Dip Wheels?

Hey, I've got a 2001 silver double cab off road and I was thinking about somehow putting black rims on. I saw on TW that a guy had Plasti-Dipped his stock wheels and I really like the look. But I was wondering, i've never used Plasti-Dip, so do you guys think that it will hold up? I live in Dallas, Texas and I don't know of the heat will affect it. And any thoughts on if black rims would look good on the silver truck or of it will hold up?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
use the search tool, type in plastidip, theres a mega thread about this stuff, youll get a lot of people who dont like it and a lot of people who will like it. it also depends on if you go offroad with your truck, if you do then id paint them, if not plastidip them for now and if you like them when the peel off then paint. Or save yourself time and money and just paint them now. i live in oklahoma and mine have been fine for 3 months now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
Hey, I've got a 2001 silver double cab off road and I was thinking about somehow putting black rims on. I saw on TW that a guy had Plasti-Dipped his stock wheels and I really like the look. But I was wondering, i've never used Plasti-Dip, so do you guys think that it will hold up? I live in Dallas, Texas and I don't know of the heat will affect it. And any thoughts on if black rims would look good on the silver truck or of it will hold up?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Black wheel look great on any color truck, IMO. I plastiderped my stock wheels and it seems to hold up just fine.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti-dip is super easy to touch up too. I have it on my grille and bumpers. It seems like it has a large legion of haters here but "Haters gonna hate". It works fine for me. I recently got rear ended and it scraped a large portion of the plasti-dip off. I had a can and just pulled the large chunks off and sprayed the spots that the chrome had shown through and it looks just like it did before. Plus if you decide you like it but it's not holding up you can always peel if off and paint it for real.