LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Sellers guide?

Old 12-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
tacomanewframe is on a distinguished road
tacomanewframe's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Sellers guide?

I know...kelly blue book and nada . com for price help.

The big BUT in all this is if you have a new frame installed with all the fixings on warranty? How would one price this when selling a vehicle? It's technically a frame off restoration on a 10 year old truck.

Mine looks brand new, like it came off the showroom. 72,000 miles. Book value $7500?? Really? I'll keep if for that. Is there a premium for a new frame Tacoma? How do you price something like this? Thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Newb
ERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedERG80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERG80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomanewframe View Post
I know...kelly blue book and nada . com for price help.

The big BUT in all this is if you have a new frame installed with all the fixings on warranty? How would one price this when selling a vehicle? It's technically a frame off restoration on a 10 year old truck.

Mine looks brand new, like it came off the showroom. 72,000 miles. Book value $7500?? Really? I'll keep if for that. Is there a premium for a new frame Tacoma? How do you price something like this? Thanks
That's a good question and I was actually thinking about that since im casually searching for a truck. It makes a difference to me especially if the rest of the truck is very well taken care of. Its hard to calculate how much though. I think Nada and KBB would have begun to factor those things into their prices by now due to the market so Im not sure how much additional premium an excellent condition truck could get over what they estimate.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERG80 View Post
That's a good question and I was actually thinking about that since im casually searching for a truck. It makes a difference to me especially if the rest of the truck is very well taken care of. Its hard to calculate how much though. I think Nada and KBB would have begun to factor those things into their prices by now due to the market so Im not sure how much additional premium an excellent condition truck could get over what they estimate.
I'm considering selling my '01 after the frame restoration which included frame, leaf springs, brake lines (huge cost!), brake cable, and EVERY SINGLE NUT AND BOLT required to do this. I even have photos from the dealer with my truck totally taken apart, invoice of parts, new frame photo before/after etc.

KBB value is $7650? This '01 truck has 72,000 miles on it with all this replaced?

The dealer showed me the parts list when he replaced the frame. He said it was over $11,000 parts and labor and LABOR was a reduced rate due to warranty work. I picked up and held the box of just the nuts, bolts, washers and hardware required for the frame swap. It weighed well over 25 pounds... just nuts and bolts for the most part. What is that worth alone???

There has to be a way to PRICE these trucks with new frames for sale compared to those with original frames. Mine feels and drives like new. It has to be worth MUCH more than $7650 KBB. I'll keep it for that as I put $2500 into it at the dealer to make it close to new. Opinions apprecaited.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
If the frames had been properly coated originally this wouldn't have ever been an issue. In states where they don't salt the roads all these trucks are still fine. From what I've seen trucks with replaced frames are selling for the same prices as trucks without new frames. I just spent a few hours taking stuff off my dad's 98 tacoma tonight. He brought it in for it's 3rd frame check and they were supposed to coat the frame. But they found a hole in it so Toyota's buying it back. They are giving him $9300 for a 98 V6 extracab with 192k miles on it. He put a deposit on an 03 they have which is essentially the same truck with 130k on it that he's buying for 10. Not bad at all, but i'm sad to see the 98 go. I bought it brand new and sold it to him when I started building my house in 01. The truck is still mint except the frame. Such a shame.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
So what is your thoughts on what it should sell for?

If you were thinking of selling it was the $2500 you put into the truck taken into consideration before those things were installed, did you look at the NADA KKB before hand?

If you got $10500.00 for the truck, you still couldn't buy anything worth a dam for that, so at least you know what you got in this truck have a price in mind if some one is intrested, cause there is always a seat for every ass!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Look around on Craigslist for prices in your area. The frame replacement doesn't seem to change the value either way. A clean Tacoma with an original frame and a clean Tacoma w/ frame replaced should be worth the same. It may help to get some more specs on your truck. 2wd or 4wd?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
Look around on Craigslist for prices in your area. The frame replacement doesn't seem to change the value either way. A clean Tacoma with an original frame and a clean Tacoma w/ frame replaced should be worth the same. It may help to get some more specs on your truck. 2wd or 4wd?
It a Regular Cab 4x4 with manual transmission. I'll post some pics on Monday. There are very few 2001 Tacomas in my area due to road salt. I'm in Western NY and this is probabaly the nicest 4x4 '01 in the whole area.