1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

98 sr5 3in lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by olshaner24, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    olshaner24

olshaner24 [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Frederick, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    98 SR5 4x4
    31in Trail Cutters, complete sound system
    hey, im lookin at puting a 3 in suspecion lift in my 98 sr5 4x4, anything i should be worried about? how long u think it should take? any special tools? o, gping in blind! thanks!

2. Dec 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    01Tac0ma

01Tac0ma Bash Fabriction & Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    West Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    SAS 01 TRD 4x4
    Look at build!
    This is one of the most common questions asked on this thread, try using the search button nxt time but to answer your question you need to watch your cv angles and get a diff drop, should take you no longer than 4-6 hours doing basic spacer/aal lift but i wouldnt recommend spacers, if your going to do it right do it right the first time and go with a coilover type setup, with 5100's and your stock coils with the shocks set at 2.5" mark or just get the eibachs and elave the shocks at 0" mark and the only special tool i could think of is a ball joint seperator for the UCA...will make tings much easier but htats about all i can think of, ratchet wrenches would help to but not necessary.

Good Luck and be sure to post some pics when your finished!

Products Discussed in

To Top