Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vibrations!!!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
xJRich5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
xJRich5's Tacoma Gallery
Vibrations!!!!!

So I recently purchased bilstein 5100's front and rear, Eibach coils, and a Toytec AAL. I installed all of that along with a diff drop.
Now I have a very annoying vibration. It mainly happens in second gear around 2000-3000 rpms, then in third gear around 2000.
It is driving me insane. How do I fix this? Please help.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps with a carrier bearing drop. Probably is driveshaft vib. Did you get the truck aligned after the lift?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Perhaps with a carrier bearing drop. Probably is driveshaft vib. Did you get the truck aligned after the lift?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this & did you drop driveshaft for any reason ? (you never know)
Old 12-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
xJRich5's Tacoma Gallery
I did get an alignment, they said it turned out good, but without new UCA's it won't be perfect.
What do you mean by dropped driveshaft? I fucked up when I went to install my rear and while raising my springs, I accidentally let my axle roll forward and down, which exposed atleast 6 inches of my driveshaft. If that's what you mean by that, ya I did it, like a dumbass.
So I am looking into the drop kit, and I'm gonna lube my driveshaft, won't hurt anyway.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
if the driveshaft is ok, look into your nuts on the ubolts...

since you broke them open to install the AAL, after your first 100 to 500 miles, it helps to re-torque the nuts to make sure they haven't vibrated loose... if the rear suspension is loose, and your axle is shifting, it could also be causing the driveshaft to vibrate and impact the carrier bearing...

i've seen someone lose a ubolt nut while wheeling on a freshly installed leaf pack...
Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
xJRich5's Tacoma Gallery
That's good to know, it's been about 40 miles, I just retorqued everything I messed with on the install, no help.
But I did just purchase a BEEFED carrier bearing drop kit, hope it works!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJRich5 View Post
I did get an alignment, they said it turned out good, but without new UCA's it won't be perfect.
What do you mean by dropped driveshaft? I fucked up when I went to install my rear and while raising my springs, I accidentally let my axle roll forward and down, which exposed atleast 6 inches of my driveshaft. If that's what you mean by that, ya I did it, like a dumbass.
So I am looking into the drop kit, and I'm gonna lube my driveshaft, won't hurt anyway.
The only reason I mentioned that (shaft removal) is because its easy to forget to mark the flanges before removal thus throwing off balance which can cause driveline vibrations, exposing the shaft isn't a big deal...
Old 12-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
let me know if the carrierr bearing drop works. I've got vibes too, and I just did my lift, and replaced the carrier bearing too.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
As I recall after I rebuilt my leafs I did have a little vibration until I put some 1" spacers & dropped the carrier, after that no vibes...