Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed rack

Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
Name: Kevin
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Bed rack

For yall that dont check out the Garage/Workshop area, I wanted to show off my newest add-on. Originally the idea of tacomarotto, I knew I had to make one myself. I usually find myself needing abit more room, not often but sometimes so a few pieces of 1x1 stock and angle iron along with a Yakima Loadwarrior I have more room, plus it looks cool and isnt that what really matters?

Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass looking rig, man

love the bed rack... location is nice

what wheels are those?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
nice i like it. I like the shells in the bed and paint scheme too.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks yall, yeah the shells and gravel been there for awhile. I had a tool box prior to this and could never get the stuff from under it. Paint scheme is changing in a week or two also... full color matched Line-X.

The wheels are Pro Comp, sorry I dunno the name though
Old 12-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
Iloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shedIloveoregon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
Iloveoregon's Tacoma Gallery
That thing looks sweet!!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Rack looks familiar......in a good way. Nice job
Old 12-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work! Looks like that wouldn't be hard to fab up, with no tube to bend and such being made of 1'' square.

Just added that to the "Taco to do/mod list"
Old 12-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet rig man! Hey I've often seen those "shooting blocks" that you have in the back of your truck at Sportsmans and wonder...how do they hold up? For example...to an AR or an SKS...thanks!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
Navy:
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Sweet rig man! Hey I've often seen those "shooting blocks" that you have in the back of your truck at Sportsmans and wonder...how do they hold up? For example...to an AR or an SKS...thanks!
Holds up great. I had actually just came back from shooting that day. Haven't shot it with my SKS bit a few hundred Round from my AR and misc other rounds I really like it. Y buddy and I have a competition, we'll throw it 10ft and I'll shoot then him then me. Till one of us misses. Hell of alot more fun that shooting paper.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
what do you plan on running in the rack? Spare tire?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfly View Post
Holds up great. I had actually just came back from shooting that day. Haven't shot it with my SKS bit a few hundred Round from my AR and misc other rounds I really like it. Y buddy and I have a competition, we'll throw it 10ft and I'll shoot then him then me. Till one of us misses. Hell of alot more fun that shooting paper.
Nice, Thanks for the review. Guess I'll have to go buy one then. Sounds like a fun plinker target...for when the pdogs, rabbits and coyotes aren't around
Old 12-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
Navy:
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
what do you plan on running in the rack? Spare tire?
Hell I dunno, I had a tool box up till this rack and it took up alot of room. The deer I got.this year hardly fit in the remaining space, next year I'll be going after elk. Im sure I'll be switching back and forth from.this rack to me tool box.. just depends on what I'll be doing for that weekend.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #16

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Spare in the basket, and a high lift and a shovel mounted on the rack would look pretty sweet.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #17

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Spare in the basket, and a high lift and a shovel mounted on the sides of the rack would look pretty sweet.