Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best Window Visors for 1st gen XCab?

Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Best Window Visors for 1st gen XCab?

I was thinking of cheap additions for my truck that my wife could get me for christmas, i'd like some vent visors, any suggestions? Brand, where to buy, etc? Cheap but good is always a plus...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I got a set of avs from advance auto think i paid around 55.00 for them
Old 12-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming the in-channel type will be better than the tape-on? Do they come with a set for the rear pop-out windows of the xcab?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
not sure, mine are the tape on kind.. never had any real problems out of them. Mine did come with the rear covers as well.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
In channel AVS ones are bomb.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I had the tape on and now have egr in channels up front. The latter are vastly superior to the tape on. I cannot speak to the rear visors
Old 12-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
I personally prefer WeatherTech's visors. I had them on my Chev and I currently have them on my Tacoma. They're an in-channel visor that fits perfectly.

http://www.weathertech.com/toyota/19...style/xtracab/ (that's the application for your pickup).
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #8
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
I was thinking of cheap additions for my truck that my wife could get me for christmas, i'd like some vent visors, any suggestions? Brand, where to buy, etc? Cheap but good is always a plus...
Go with the In-Channel. I had the AVS outer ones and while they worked great, removal was a real pain. The heat in the summer melted the tape to the body and no amount of Good-Gone would remove it. I was out there with a razor blade, scraping it off and totally effing up my paint. I won't make that mistake again.