Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Climate control face removal?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Climate control face removal?

Hi guys I need to replace a bulb from my climate control dash. I have a question what tool do I need to remove the climate control face any tips?? I dont want to break anything thats why I ask. Any help will be much appreciate it.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I use a screwdriver and pry gently behind the edges after you take the knobs off.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I use a screwdriver and pry gently behind the edges after you take the knobs off.
Cool so its not tht hard at all?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
I tried with a flat head screwdriver and and allen wrench, i felt like i was going to break it. particularly in the upper left corner, that part wouldn't release, then i found a hooked pick tool, snuck it up and back into the corner and it popped out easy.

Looked something like this.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #5

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
I tried with a flat head screwdriver and and allen wrench, i felt like i was going to break it. particularly in the upper left corner, that part wouldn't release, then i found a hooked pick tool, snuck it up and back into the corner and it popped out easy.

Looked something like this.
Thanks you Sir I'lI be heading to wally world to pick up that tool.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
BVCOTaco is on a distinguished road
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
x2 screwdriver worked on mine, it popped off pretty easy when I changed out the stereo.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure it is not just module? Mine has a different bulb go out all the time and you tap the module and they come back on. I have checked the connections and everything but cannot seem to track down the problem. Anybody else have this issue?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #8

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Are you sure it is not just module? Mine has a different bulb go out all the time and you tap the module and they come back on. I have checked the connections and everything but cannot seem to track down the problem. Anybody else have this issue?
I believe its the bulb since its only the bulb at illuminates the ac speed control, the other two controls light up no problems there.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
I just put my fingers in the hole thats behind the knobs and it just pops out...no tools needed, its pretty forgiving and i doubt it will break just make sure you pull evenly on each side
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #10

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I just put my fingers in the hole thats behind the knobs and it just pops out...no tools needed, its pretty forgiving and i doubt it will break just make sure you pull evenly on each side
Mmmm really I might have to give it a shot. As far as breaking someone mention tabs that hold it might break?? That is what worries me.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Yes, my middle knob light and whatever else is connected to it comes on intermittently. Annoying and can't find a rhyme or reason behind why it does what it does.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I've popped mine off several times without breaking, even being a little rough on it. Now mine comes out just with my fingers, like someone else mentioned. No tabs broken, though.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont remember seeing any tabs back there and if there are any then id say i havent broken any while pulling on it pretty hard.... and it always goes back on the way it came off and isnt loose or anything so id say you will be fine.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what year Tacoma you have, Hektor, but mine came apart pretty easily when I installed my stereo. The only word of caution I'd offer is that the knobs each had a small, semi-circular metal "sleeve" required to hold it them on the control shafts. Without the sleeves between the knobs and shafts, the knobs would would fall off. Two of my sleeves remained in place, while the third fell off when I removed the knob. Luckily, I saw it go and quickly retrieved it...
Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #15

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Not sure what year Tacoma you have, Hektor, but mine came apart pretty easily when I installed my stereo. The only word of caution I'd offer is that the knobs each had a small, semi-circular metal "sleeve" required to hold it them on the control shafts. Without the sleeves between the knobs and shafts, the knobs would would fall off. Two of my sleeves remained in place, while the third fell off when I removed the knob. Luckily, I saw it go and quickly retrieved it...
Thanks for the heads up, btw I have a 2003 did you used the hook tool as well?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
That's what I do every time....
Old 12-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #20
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The best way to do it is with a panel tool:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...49058928204049#

or

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-67021.html

Products Discussed in this Thread