Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

15x8's on an 03 TRD

Old 12-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
haolerot is on a distinguished road

haolerot's Tacoma Gallery
15x8's on an 03 TRD

Will they fit?

4wheelparts is saying no (figured they would) because my stocks are 16".

From what I've researched, only the 04 tacos with VSC have bigger brake rotors that require 16" +

Correct me if I'm wrong? About to pull the trigger.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Its not the rotors that matter with aftermarket rims, its the rim rubbing the caliper.

You can run 15X8's as long as they dont rub the calipers up front.

Forget about 4wheelparts. They dont know shit...terrible retailer.

Wheelers offroad sells 15'' rims that fit our trucks.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think theyll fit as long as they have nough backspacing and offsetto clear the brake caliper, I have mickey thompson classic 2s and theyre 15x8
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haolerot View Post
Will they fit?

4wheelparts is saying no (figured they would) because my stocks are 16".

From what I've researched, only the 04 tacos with VSC have bigger brake rotors that require 16" +

Correct me if I'm wrong? About to pull the trigger.
Here is a recent thread that you may find interesting.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...g-caliper.html
Old 12-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Here is a recent thread that you may find interesting.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...g-caliper.html
Thanks, I've read that

The guy at 4wps suggested the rims in 3.75 BS with a 1/4 spacer, does that sound like it will work? The rims are the rock crawler 52's steelies btw.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, I've read that

The guy at 4wps suggested the rims in 3.75 BS with a 1/4 spacer, does that sound like it will work? The rims are the rock crawler 52's steelies btw.
why not just rims w/ 3.5'' BS and skip the 1/4 spacer that will cause nothing but problems. 1/4 spacers take away from the amount of thread the lugs use, not safe.

Dont take any suggestion from 4wps...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, I've read that

It would be great if those 52s in the 15x8 size will work without a spacer. You'll have to let us know how they do. I would like to use them.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #8

Isn't the spacer just used to clear the caliper? I've done research around TW, and haven't heard of spacers causing anyone problems.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #9

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Isn't the spacer just used to clear the caliper? I've done research around TW, and haven't heard of spacers causing anyone problems.
1/4'' spacers will, because they just take up thread room that the lugs need. Larger spacers (like spidertrax) bolt onto the truck and have their own studs so that strength isn't sacrificed.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
1/4'' spacers will, because they just take up thread room that the lugs need. Larger spacers (like spidertrax) bolt onto the truck and have their own studs so that strength isn't sacrificed.
But spidertrax would stick out an additional 1" right?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #11

Quote:
It would be great if those 52s in the 15x8 size will work without a spacer. You'll have to let us know how they do. I would like to use them.
I swear I've heard of people using them here just fine, but I dunno.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #13

Quote:
It depends on wheel design. I hope you are right about the D windowed 52s. Of all the black steelies, I think they look the best as they don't have that silly pinstriping on them.
Just pulled the trigger.

I hope I'm right as well