Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Headache Rack?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
awesome looks great. wasnt sure if i was the only one. don't see too many tacos with headache racks...where did you get yours
Old 12-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
awesome looks great. wasnt sure if i was the only one. don't see too many tacos with headache racks...where did you get yours
yeah i know of a few Tacomas around with headache racks. my rack is custom built
Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #6
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
mine too ..i built it myself. just got done putting lights on it too
Adding some rear facing back up/ reverse lights are next on my agenda.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I have to ask, why is it called a headache rack?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
So when you stop or stop suddenly, whatever cargo you have in the bed hits the rack and not the back of your head giving you a "headache".
Old 12-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
BTHOB

and so you dont have a headache from having to pay to get a new back window put in.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
06Taco6 is on a distinguished road

06Taco6's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting headache rack, so it's solid!!!

Hey!! I need to see some pictures of how you mounted your headache racks, I am just not sure how to deal with the bed rail plastic capping. If i can go under it or what. It needs to be pretty damn sturdy too, lemme know whatcha got thanks!!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Taco6 View Post
Hey!! I need to see some pictures of how you mounted your headache racks, I am just not sure how to deal with the bed rail plastic capping. If i can go under it or what. It needs to be pretty damn sturdy too, lemme know whatcha got thanks!!
Gotta go under it! Rip of the plastic rails(some clips under them and a clip/bolt or two to the bed or through the tiedown rail, do the latter first) and then do rail caps like I did and simply make the inside bend come maybe 1.25" inside the bed and use the 4 tiedown rail bolts on each side to hold everything nice and solid.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
BTHOB

Quote:
ive got a 1st gen. so i dunno but relentless sounds like he knows what he's doing
Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
06Taco6 is on a distinguished road

06Taco6's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Thank you!! That was the exact answer i needed! I'll post pictures when i get the rack on, it's going to be powder-coated black as well, it is also going to be pretty beefy. I am hoping it does not look like it's made for a full size! Anyway thanks for the info and i'll show how in a couple weeks!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Thank you!! That was the exact answer i needed! I'll post pictures when i get the rack on, it's going to be powder-coated black as well, it is also going to be pretty beefy. I am hoping it does not look like it's made for a full size! Anyway thanks for the info and i'll show how in a couple weeks!
No problem. Mine is pretty beefy too. I've had a fair amount of lumber on it on occasion, as well as a few sticks of steel and aluminum tubing for various projects(currently a set of extra beefy rock sliders) and it had held up great so far.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is like a year and a half old but I've been looking around for these and Relentless, your truck looks amazing. Have you thought about integrated bed rails and mesh on the window uprights?

What would be the cost of building one along those lines?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yes ive got a headache rack too, mines also custom built, has 4 hella 500 driving lights and two led brake and turn signal lights. I have two cb antennas on here too.