1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Antenna Help, please

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacomanater, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 19, 2011 at 4:09 AM
    Tacomanater

Tacomanater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington County, NY (VT Border)
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    JBA headers & exhaust, new cats, K&N CAI, new shocks, 2.5" lift, Prodigy P2, Timbren, snobord552 light bar (v.2), KC off-roads and Hella fog lights, Teflon A/R ATX 16" Ledge, Nitto Terra Grappler, (265/75R16's), ultragauge, curt roof rack on thule set-up.
    Hey guys:
    Need some help here...I did a search and can't find anything.....here goes:
    Some a-hole tore off my antenna....yesterday I finally got the new mast installed and fished antenna wire through the front fender (royal PITA)- now, do I have to pull apart the dash to get to the back of the radio so I can plug in the damn wire?
    Can someone send me a suggestion or a DIY/video link or some sugggestions, please?
    Thankx, in advance.

2. Dec 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    radcat692000

radcat692000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Clayton N.C.
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4x4 sr5
    none
    just noticed this but no you don't...just remove the glove box and you'll have the access you need...

3. Dec 29, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    Tacomanater

Tacomanater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington County, NY (VT Border)
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    JBA headers & exhaust, new cats, K&N CAI, new shocks, 2.5" lift, Prodigy P2, Timbren, snobord552 light bar (v.2), KC off-roads and Hella fog lights, Teflon A/R ATX 16" Ledge, Nitto Terra Grappler, (265/75R16's), ultragauge, curt roof rack on thule set-up.
    Radcat:
    Thankx for the response. I was able to take car of it, with a bit of patience...used a string to thread the new shorty antenna through the door (inner fender access) and up into place so I could screw the cap on. Next, by taping the new end to the old wire, I was able to feed the new end through the fender hole and re-installed the rubber grommet so no water/air leak on passenger side footwell. Then, with a bit of research in here, learned how to partially remove the center stack, access the radio and done! (only one small scratch on the fender)..... felt pretty good.

Products Discussed in

To Top