Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help Needed ASAP..

Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Help Needed ASAP..

I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and all of a sudden the radio wont work, the power door locks wont work ( but the power windows do still work) the horn wont blow, the cruise control wont work and the dome light wont work. I have checked every fuse and just cant figure it out. Im really confused because the power windows still work. Is there something im missing or what.. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks
Old 12-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check your ground wires
Old 12-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Check for loose connections on the battery. Or check for a bad ground if you've recently installed a trailer hitch.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a great looking truck!
I would check under the colum to make sure you didn't accidently kick loose a ground wire or something along those lines. Did you do anything recently to it? Or did it just "happen"?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerye View Post
Thats a great looking truck!
I would check under the colum to make sure you didn't accidently kick loose a ground wire or something along those lines. Did you do anything recently to it? Or did it just "happen"?
Thanks for the compliment. I havent done anything other than drive it. I save all my mods for the one shown lol. Im gonna check my grounds and wires in the column in the morning. Thanks
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4 View Post
I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and all of a sudden the radio wont work, the power door locks wont work ( but the power windows do still work) the horn wont blow, the cruise control wont work and the dome light wont work. I have checked every fuse and just cant figure it out. Im really confused because the power windows still work. Is there something im missing or what.. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks
This same exact thing happened to me on the same exact model. I took it to the dealer and it turned out my radio was just burned out. Its making your fuse blow. To make sure, try and unhook ur radio and then replace the fuses. At the time I had some shitty old speakers wired in the back. i'm still not sure if that's what caused it or not but you can almost count on needing a new head unit. Until I took it in I couldn't for the life of me figure out what went wrong.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #7

taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
This same exact thing happened to me on the same exact model. I took it to the dealer and it turned out my radio was just burned out. Its making your fuse blow. To make sure, try and unhook ur radio and then replace the fuses. At the time I had some shitty old speakers wired in the back. i'm still not sure if that's what caused it or not but you can almost count on needing a new head unit. Until I took it in I couldn't for the life of me figure out what went wrong.
WTF man I sure hope thats not the case but I will definetly try it and see. Thanks man..
Old 12-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the fuse diagram, I see one box in common to all: body ecu. Check that one over again.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

WTF man I sure hope thats not the case but I will definetly try it and see. Thanks man..
yea fer sure. I was happy to get a new radio though because now i can plug in ipods, usb's etc. it'll be nice if it's your daily driver. But like everyone else is saying, check your grounds and everything so you don't go get a new stereo only to find out it still doesn't work.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #12

taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have tried everything and still no luck. I'm getting power to the radio but it won't come on. I got the horn working. The wire had been cut that goes to it. No luck on power door locks, dome light, radio, or cruise control. I also just realized that everytime I switch my truck off and back on the trip odometer goes to back to zero. I have checked all fuses and wires and just don't know what else to do. I believe the radio may be dead but can't figure out the rest. Any more suggestions?? PLEASE..
Old 12-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Got squirrels?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
IllinoisTaco is on a distinguished road
IllinoisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I have tried everything and still no luck. I'm getting power to the radio but it won't come on. I got the horn working. The wire had been cut that goes to it. No luck on power door locks, dome light, radio, or cruise control. I also just realized that everytime I switch my truck off and back on the trip odometer goes to back to zero. I have checked all fuses and wires and just don't know what else to do. I believe the radio may be dead but can't figure out the rest. Any more suggestions?? PLEASE..

How did the Horn wire get cut? That might lead you to the answer. What else might be cut or grounded out? I would keep checking all the fuses and maybe even unplug the battery for a good half hour or so. see if something reset....

sorry im a newer owner to the yotas just trying to help spark some ideas..