Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Moonpie's 2003 Taco

Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
moonpie is on a distinguished road
Name: Perry
moonpie's Tacoma Gallery
Moonpie's 2003 Taco

Hi guys i am new to TacomaWorld, just thought I would post some pics of my truck. It was my Daddy's but i am about to start driving so he gave it to me. So far it is stock except for the wheels they are off a 99 TRD junker we had. Its a 2003 SR5 PreRunner V6

Old 12-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
jbrandt will become famous soon enough
jbrandt's Tacoma Gallery
you have a nice daddy. I got a 1978 Oldmobile that was my grandmothers when I started driving.

Welcome to TW!!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Georgia, let the mods begin
Old 12-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
moonpie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. First mods on the list
1. Vent Visors
2. Deck Plate mod ASAP
3. 2" lift up front to make it squat a bit
Old 12-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Dwarven1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ross
Dwarven1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
Why? What does that do?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys. First mods on the list
1. Vent Visors
2. Deck Plate mod ASAP
1. Very useful/nice to have. Had them on my first truck.
2. Um. Yes.
3. Why? If you do that then at least get 1" lift shackles in the rear. They're not too expensive and you can get greasable ones from Northwest Offroad Specialties.
4. Nice truck man.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
moonpie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarven1 View Post
Why? What does that do?
making trucks squat is a "good looking" thing to do I'm not looking to lift it really it just makes it look a little different
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
that pic is kinda what ill be looking at with the lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
1. Very useful/nice to have. Had them on my first truck.
2. Um. Yes.
3. Why? If you do that then at least get 1" lift shackles in the rear. They're not too expensive and you can get greasable ones from Northwest Offroad Specialties.
4. Nice truck man.
now what do one inch shackles do???(im new to all this)

And thanks for the kind words fella's
Old 12-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
that picture is what you call "bro lean"
never heard of someone who actually wanted it but to each his own i guess
Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
making trucks squat is a "good looking" thing to do I'm not looking to lift it really it just makes it look a little different
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
that pic is kinda what ill be looking at with the lift.

now what do one inch shackles do???(im new to all this)

And thanks for the kind words fella's
IMO, the front end high look ("bro lean") looks retarded and will just mess with the steering geometry of the truck. Make the truck level....but if you must...good luck..lol.

Shackles are the parts the attach the rear of the leaf pack to the frame. One inch lift shackles lift are just longer than stock shackles to give an inch of lift.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
moonpie's Tacoma Gallery
after looking at threads and pics on TW with the other tacomas with the bro lean i have decided to go with a 3" lift of some kind instead of the lean. Any suggestions for under 500 bucks please?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners, eibach/toytec coils, and a toytec AAL will be right around $500.

Get the bilsteins from Downsouth motorsports and the AAL and coils from Toytec.

DSM offers free shipping and both DSM and toytec have TW discounts.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
moonpie's Tacoma Gallery
one last question for now(sorry for all the questions just wanna do it right) if i do the AAL will i need shackles as well?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Nah just re use the stock shackles unless you just want the luxuray of greasable shackles...I have the 5100's and eibachs and with some added weight to the front end they ride AMAZING! Good setup IMO and down the road when the money is more available id go with a full leaf pack replacement from allpro. alcan, deaver etc.

Nice truck btw!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Crises Averted
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #15
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
btw..... what is a Moon Pie?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #16

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
only the greatest thing in the world...

banana moon pies FTW...

Old 12-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
moonpie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
only the greatest thing in the world...

banana moon pies FTW...

amen but IMHO chocolate double deck ones MMMMMMMMM but anywho thanks for all the feedback guys
Old 12-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #18

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
amen but IMHO chocolate double deck ones MMMMMMMMM but anywho thanks for all the feedback guys
Banana is where its at
Old 12-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure your gender is male? Who uses the phrase daddy and makes an account name moonpie? lol
Old 12-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #20
IllinoisTaco is on a distinguished road
IllinoisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck and Congrats on being an owner of a Taco!

I just got mine and love it! Welcome to TW!